Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
parafluie
Enthusiast
parafluie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 3,
does any ereader have multiple page turners?

I'm trying to use my Kindle to see if I want to send it back, and if so, for what?

I got a great music holder for it and Ican hold it on my legs, but I'm a fast reader, and I must repeatedly raise my arm to click on the page turner which is on top when I'm reading horizontally. Already (less than 1/2 hour) my elbow and shoulder hurt (the elbow feels similar to an old tiller elbow that I had years ago) as does my wrist. Further, my neck hurts from bending just a little too far.

Is there any ereader wit "next" on the top, on the bottom and on the sides? Is any easier to turn pages? Would any be responsive to a trackball mouse and/or scroll.

Tx
parafluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Hanlin V3 and V5 (sold under many names worldwide, e.g. EZ Reader in the US) have turn buttons on the bottom and left side.

The PocketBook 302, has "host" USB (and bluetooth). This means that they can in principle use a mouse and/or trackball. I don't remember seeing any confirmation that they work though. A few other readers now come with bluetooth, but again are not necessarily setup for bluetooth input devices.

See E-book Reader Matrix for devices with bluetooth.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is one thing you can play with. If you turn on Text to Speech, the pages will turn themselves automatically. You can turn the volume down so you don't hear anything and you'll have to play with the font and speed to get it to a pace that is comfortable for you to read.

This really comes in handy when on the treadmill or various other exercise machines.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
The JetBook and JetBook Lite have a long, spring loaded slide switch on the left side of the reader. At the bottom left, there are two buttons. On the bottom right, one can use the up and down arrow buttons. I like to read from my JBL while it is setting on a table or desk and is in landscape mode (the battery bump acts like a mini kickstand). Ifind the arrow keys to be most convenient then. If I'm holding the JBL in my left hand, then the two buttons are convenient for my left thumb.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The Sony 505 has page turn buttons on the left and right sides. Very convenient.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The Pocketbook 360 has a symmetrical design and a motion sensor. You can rotate it to any orientation you like and the buttons will arrange appropriately.
It also has an optional reading up that lets you turn pages by flicking the reader itself or turn themselces after a preset period of time.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
the nook has page turn buttons on both left and right hand side and also have page turning via finger swiping the LCD screen as well. That's what I use almost exclusively and it's sooo sweet to use.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The Hanlin V3 and V5 (sold under many names worldwide, e.g. EZ Reader in the US) have turn buttons on the bottom and left side.
The v5 has a turn button on both sides and the bottom.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote