Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #211
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
I get this error two, but have not found a way around it yet.
I googled VB Run Time Error Error 2738 and found this for Nitro Pdf. Maybe the same could apply to your machine. The article pasted below:

Symptoms

When installing or uninstalling the following error message is displayed.

Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action.

Cause

This error message indicates that the VBScript engine is not currently registered on the machine where the install/uninstall is taking place.

Resolution

The VBScript engine can be quickly registered by following these steps:

1. Run Command Prompt as administrator
1.1 Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories
1.2 Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator

2. If you are using 32-bit version of Windows:
Type cd %windir%\system32 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

If you are using 64-bit version of Windows:
Type cd %windir%\syswow64 into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll into the Command Prompt and hit Enter

Blackberry has about the same instructions:
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #212
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg View Post
I googled VB Run Time Error Error 2738 and found this for Nitro Pdf. Maybe the same could apply to your machine. The article pasted below:
That did it! Thanks.

I only googled 'sony ebook library 2738'
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #213
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I agree completely. I'm so happy that they're supporting PowerPC and 10.4 that I can't seriously consider a little, solvable problem like localization when your location isn't officially supported as an obstacle to release.
I'm happy it works with 10.4 and PPC too. (I'm being a good consumer and being patient for future PRS-500 support.. )
An installer fix would be nice though Should install right, every time, for everyone.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #214
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
I have Windows Vista SP1. I built the PC myself, with the hard drive transferred over from an XP PC (also self-built) and upgraded (yeah, yeah, or DOWNGRADED...save the jokes )to Vista.
I would never rank on Vista. It basically had to be the whipping boy OS in order to get all the underlying changes in and get driver makers and app writers used to the new architecture and start following the guidelines that Vista started actually enforcing.

Without all that happening we wouldn't have people that never even loaded Win7 raving about how great it is. It is only great because Vista lead the way.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #215
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I would never rank on Vista. It basically had to be the whipping boy OS in order to get all the underlying changes in and get driver makers and app writers used to the new architecture and start following the guidelines that Vista started actually enforcing.

Without all that happening we wouldn't have people that never even loaded Win7 raving about how great it is. It is only great because Vista lead the way.

BOb
"Vista", "Windows 7" - how lame are these names when you could install...

...<drum roll>

SNOW LEOPARD!!

Happy Friday 28th August everybody.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #216
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Unhappy Only Single Licence here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
SNOW LEOPARD!!
Family Box not yet available in Switzerland - and here I wanted to replace my extended test installations of iLive 09 and iWork 09 with proper ones .

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #217
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:

...<drum roll>

SNOW LEOPARD!!

Yes, because I always find that choosing my operating systems because of its name to work out well. Let's see now.... do I want Panther, Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard hmmm.... I'm in a fairly warm climate, so Snow Leopard is out. But I'm not in jungle, so Panther or Tiger are out. Maybe I should just choose Leopard.

Or perhaps I should move to Australia and choose Karmic Koala

Last edited by Jim Lester; 08-28-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #218
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
Yes, because I always find that choosing my operating systems because of its name to work out well. Let's see now.... do I want Panther, Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard hmmm.... I'm in a fairly warm climate, so Snow Leopard is out. But I'm not in jungle, so Panther or Tiger are out. Maybe I should just choose Leopard.

I think you need a cougar in there
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #219
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
I think you need a cougar in there
Nope. There was no cougar (though I agree that many of us could use one ). The ones he missed are jaguar, cheetah, and puma. But he could've gone with any of the other alliterative ones: Jaunty Jackalope, Gutsy Gibbon, Dapper Drake, etc. I'm sure at least one of those must be from his region.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #220
hekkel
Enthusiast
hekkel is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
From all that I've seen, the only issue is that the Mac software doesn't work if set to a region where Sony doesn't sell Readers, and the solution is to set it up for a place where they do.
Wish that was true, just like Kikar posted before, I have the problem that my reader is not recognized in a Tiger PPC install. The icon is displayed but the word Error (or Fout) is displayed next to it. An SD card is shown correctly though but the Adobe-ID cannot be read from the device and so the Library software does not accept the device as being registered.

I'm going back to using ADE for buying books and copy the files over by hand.

-maarten
hekkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #221
mimoviz
Enthusiast
mimoviz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Same goes for me. Is NOT a region-related issue.
mimoviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #222
Michelleg913
Michelleg913 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505R
ergh - I get the software installed but as soon as I try to copy something on my reader PRS-505 or Sync Vista just tells me the program has stopped responding.... argh and closes.

I went to compatibility mode and changed it to XP and Run as admin and other suggestions??
Michelleg913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #223
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post

I'm in .au and have tried Tiger, Leopard and Karmic Koala - the Koala is best
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #224
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

...<drum roll>

SNOW LEOPARD!!

Happy Friday 28th August everybody.
I see what you did there...
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #225
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
So...

So I was reading about the vbscript thing and was wondering if that is the reason I could install version 3 of the library, but when I tried to run the program, the interface never opened? I could see the exe listed in the task manager but the actual interface to the program never opened. I uninstalled version 3 and reinstalled version 2.5, but still would rather get version 3 working. I am running Windows XP on my computer and never got any error messages, the interface just never opened.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote