Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
jlc
Enthusiast
jlc began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Best way to dump list of owned books

I would like to export the titles and authors of all the books in my eBook Library. What would be the best/easiest way to do this?

The eBook Library program doesn't allow copy/pasting of page content, and it seems impossible to login via regular browsers.
jlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That is an interesting question. I too wish that I knew the answer.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 AM   #3
poloman
Enthusiast
poloman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Kindle 3G
you could pipe it out using dos? if you know where the books are stored, go to it via start > run > type "cmd" enter. navigate to the books folder (ie "d:" enter, "cd books" enter), then "dir /s/a > booklist.txt".

This will produce a full list of all your books in a text file. you'll need to spruce it up a bit as it'll have directory and file size info in.

(works for me!)
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
If you have Calibre installed:
Code:
prs500 books >list.txt
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote