Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #31
pr28
pr28 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
This is a url to the Forbes magazine piece announcing the new irex machine.
http://www.forbes.com/technology/200..._0918irex.html
pr28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #32
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr28 View Post
This is a url to the Forbes magazine piece announcing the new irex machine.
http://www.forbes.com/technology/200..._0918irex.html
Is the picture really iRex's ebook device? From that pic, I feel that its size is the same with iLiad.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #33
magni
magni began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
I wonder if they release it now they would let me upgrade mine for a discount.. I bought my iLiad book reader last week
magni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #34
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Is the picture really iRex's ebook device?
It certainly isn't one of their existing readers,and it is labeled iRex Reader 1000. If so, I am surprised by the lack of buttons. I initially thought the pad at the bottom might be a touchpad, but it looks more like an elongated D-pad.

Actually, I like the look of the device which appears to be symmetric left to right and so equally good or bad for left and right handers.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #35
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Business users rather than academic users... I doubt they're going to support the bibliography extraction I was hoping for, at least in the near term. I guess I can just hope that it will still be possible for the developer community to enhance whatever software they provide.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #36
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Even the New York Times reported on the new Irex Iliad.
Here's the article:
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0...ref=technology
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #37
iAmBeer
iAmBeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
This is very exciting news.
I have to save some more money and see should I upgrade to new device from
iRex or not..
Anyway I really hope this new iliad can operate up to 60-70 hours cause
I really love my iliad except its battery life
iAmBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #38
rachaelandrews
Enthusiast
rachaelandrews doesn't litterrachaelandrews doesn't litter

Device: iLiad Second Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
This one is my favorite:

Very subtile
But thanks for sharing the info!
LOL. Indeed, now the word is out I seemed about as subtle as a slap.

To be honest I assumed very few people were listening to me, as I haven't been around that long !

Rachael
rachaelandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #39
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The iRex shop is down. They must be doing something.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #40
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
yeah, although i'm mostly curious about the press release, and rather less interested in being able to see its picture on the Webshop :P

Last edited by zerospinboson; 09-22-2008 at 08:19 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #41
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
They just released the press info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Press Release iRex Digital Reader 1000.pdf (100.9 KB, 311 views)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #42
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It sounds like they're going to setup a printer driver to literally let you "print" to the iLiad through USB. That sounds like a good idea, and should make it more accessible to the average person.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #43
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
It sounds like they're going to setup a printer driver to literally let you "print" to the iLiad through USB. That sounds like a good idea, and should make it more accessible to the average person.
Hmmm, could you "print" a DRMed book in another format to the 1000 then?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #44
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Screen: 26 cm (10,2")
Weight: 570 g (1,1something lbs)
Resolution 1024 x 1280 pixels, 160dpi
greyscale, 16 color

CPU: Freescale i.MX31L processor (>=532MHz)
128mb RAM

Out of box file format support: PDF, PowerPoint, HTML, .txt, Mobipocket, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP

Battery(life): Li-Ion, ~24h (duno battery capacity though)
Navigation keys: respond to being lightly touched, with optical feedback

Price: €499 or €599 (with stylus)

Which means the iLiad v2 will be the same price as the (wifi/bluetooth/3g-less) 10,2" Reader 1000S.

Last edited by zerospinboson; 09-22-2008 at 09:14 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #45
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yes, I understand that iRex is buying Amazon and will be stuffing Jeff Bezos himself into the Kindles. They're out now looking for Steve Jobs who is next in line.
Two questions:

1) Is this a new plot for a horror novel?
2) Is the technology mature enough to stick a grown man inside an ebook reader?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote