Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
franckv
franckv began at the beginning.

Device: none
Create .epub from a expanded version

Hi,

I've used ebook-edit to edit files of an epub expanded version (files under a directory).It works fine but I can't figure out how to save it as a zipped version (.epub)!
I surely miss something, if there an save/export version at all?

Thanks,
Franck
franckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
zip it yourself first, then edit it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The reason there is no export in the editor is that that feature works with any colelction of files in a folder + OPF file, not just unzipped EPUBs. Therefore, there is no way for the editor to in general know that it is safe to simply zip up the files into an EPUB.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #4
franckv
franckv began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the answer,
I've created a script that export the files in an epub. I still think it could be a useful feature to have, perhaps with some restrictions. For example, I edit and save the uncompressed version, which makes things easier, especially for the versioning with a VCS and when some files are generated by other tools. I only use the compressed version to test the epub on some readers.
Anyway, thanks for this tool!
franckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre has the Unpack utility to open (and reassemble) EPUB or AZW3.
Since it opens into an OS file manager, copying the pieces should be a snap
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert