Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
Gunner54
Bookworm
Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Gunner54 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle
Reynolds, George W.M.: The Seamtress. V1. 6.1.2015

George W. M. Reynolds' The Seamstress was written during an incredibly busy period for the author. In the same year it was published (1851) he was working on four other book serialisations.

The Seamstress is a relatively short novel - by Reynolds' standard - and the author uses it to highlight the plight of London's seamstresses and how they were exploited and misused.

Unfortunately, the heroine Virginia Mordaunt is 'genteel' and 'virtuous' to the point of wetness. So much so I wanted to plunge my hands into the pages to give her a good shaking. However, the novel is more than saved by the supporting characters and subplots. Of the former Captain Lovel and Miss Barnet are surely one of the most deliciously devilish duos in all of Victorian fiction!

The ebook version of the novel was sourced from materials found on archive.org. I have cleaned up the illustrations as much as possible and designed the cover using two of them. As will be the case with all the books I shall upload, I have proof-read the text as carefully as possible. But as there were hundreds of OCR errors in the source material, some may remain. I have changed the formatting slightly for ease of use as a digital book; and added some text breaks. Unfortunately, there is some text missing from CHAPTER XXXVII. I have searched the net, but all the other copies I found were as unreadable. I have summarised the missing section.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Seamstress - George W. M. Reynolds.epub (4.98 MB, 405 views)
Gunner54 is offline   Reply With Quote