Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 03:57 PM   #16
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
I think that the K4PC app supports it
Does it support importing of ePubs?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is a pretty full list of apps in our wiki E-book_software#Windows_8_Apps. I like book bazaar. Windows 8 is a dual OS with tablet apps and regular window OS so you need to restrict your self to the apps versions.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is a pretty full list of apps in our wiki E-book_software#Windows_8_Apps. I like book bazaar. Windows 8 is a dual OS with tablet apps and regular window OS so you need to restrict your self to the apps versions.

Dale
Why would I need to restrict myself to apps?

----

I personally use the ereader application that is included with Calibre. It supports swipes and touch. And you even get a decent cataloging software with it!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post

----

I personally use the ereader application that is included with Calibre. It supports swipes and touch. And you even get a decent cataloging software with it!
Because they are guaranteed to support touch screens while the Windows applications from previous releases may or may not, which was the original requirement. Note that Windows these days has separate stores for phone apps and tablet apps and yet other stores for regular windows stuff. It can get confusing and even more so when you consider that some may work on cross devices. Good luck in your quest.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #20
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
----
Me too!!
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #21
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

----

I never knew Calibre supported touch screen.

I tried out all the readers on the Microsoft Store and all of them are so limited.

The problem with the readers on the Microsoft Store is it imports all the books into the app which is an issue if you have a lot of books.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:34 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I never knew Calibre supported touch screen.

I tried out all the readers on the Microsoft Store and all of them are so limited.

The problem with the readers on the Microsoft Store is it imports all the books into the app which is an issue if you have a lot of books.
That and not supporting the included CSS where my two major problems with about all MUI apps.

And the ereader supports it ever since a version 1.x somewhere (can't even remember what version was active when I got my Asus ) Calibre itself isn't really touch friendly, but it works.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
RZetlin
Addict

I tried out SumatraPDF and it has better touch controls than Calibre.

The advance settings UseFixedPageUI = true for the best reading experience.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #24
Andika
Andika began at the beginning.

Device: windows phone
What the applications to open digi books (exe), chm and prc. I used chm viewer to open chm file but didn't work.
Andika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #25
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Have any of you ever used this: ultra ebook reader ?

I have a client that has downloaded this, for some utterly inexplicable reason, rather than any of the actual Amazon apps, to her Windows computer, and is having cats about what she's seeing (in her mobi). Any input? Any user experiences with how it displays books?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #26
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
The question is... does your client mean old style mobi as mobipocket files or kindle azw's? As I understand the description on the programs' file formats page they clearly support only the old ones. Neither combo, nor purely new generation Kindle files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.ultraebookreader.com/formats/
eBook saved in the MOBI format, a format originally used by the Mobipocket Reader but now supported by several different readers; may incorporate DRM copyright protection to prevent copying

Last edited by Freeshadow; 10-15-2014 at 08:18 PM. Reason: tag syntax
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #27
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
The question is... does your client mean old style mobi as mobipocket files or kindle azw's? As I understand the description on the programs' file formats page they clearly support only the old ones. Neither combo, nor purely new generation Kindle files.
No, I mean, mobi-mobi's. KF8's. We gave her a mobi file, and we've had nothing but rants ever since, claiming that the file is in "dreadful shape," (we think it's finished, mind you), because she's viewing it on this reader. Do you think that's what they meant? PRC-type, KF7-mobis? I loaded this to a K2, and it still looked fine, so...???

When I look(ed) at that page, and looked again, I assume that they mean, current-day mobis. I mean, they mention DRM; that's gotta be Amazon, right?

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 10-16-2014 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Added second paragraph.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #28
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Have any of you ever used this: ultra ebook reader ?
I have a client that has downloaded this, for some utterly inexplicable reason, rather than any of the actual Amazon apps, to her Windows computer, and is having cats about what she's seeing (in her mobi). Any input? Any user experiences with how it displays books?
Hitch
If it's free I will try it for you.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #29
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Actually, maybe I should try it with the file in question?
Old 10-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #30
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Do you think that's what they meant? PRC-type, KF7-mobis (...) I assume that they mean, current-day mobis. I mean, they mention DRM; that's gotta be Amazon, right?

Hitch
Because they say "format originally used by the Mobipocket Reader" and say no word about Kindle I assume they only support the old ones prc type with (if drm'd at all) pre-amazon DRM scheme.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote