Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
Kobo mini rotate screen

Hello:

I bought a new Kobo mini last week and I like the fast responding screen.
However, I am not able to change the screen from portrait to landscape while reading a PDF file.
Is there anyway I can rotate the screen for reading PDF file?
Your answer will help me to determine if I should keep the Kobo mini or return it.

Many thanks.
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaders View Post
Hello:

I bought a new Kobo mini last week and I like the fast responding screen.
However, I am not able to change the screen from portrait to landscape while reading a PDF file.
Is there anyway I can rotate the screen for reading PDF file?
Your answer will help me to determine if I should keep the Kobo mini or return it.

Many thanks.
1) Tap the bottom of the screen to bring up menu
2) Tap the small symbol of 4 arrows and a circle
3) There should be a bar scale, arrows going horizontally and arrows going vertically and on the right side of all of this (right beside the exit x), there is a curvy arrow. Tap that. It will convert to landscape mode.
4) Exit from menu.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
Wingman4l7
Thinks Before He Posts
Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Mini
Uschiekid, is the landscape mode setting you described only available on PDFs? I cannot find that feature where you described it, in an ePub. I'm running firmware version 2.5.1 (4/22/2013), the newest firmware at the time of this posting.
Wingman4l7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I know landscape mode isn't available for epubs on the Glo either, I suspect it's not available on any of their readers for epub format.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
Wingman4l7
Thinks Before He Posts
Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.Wingman4l7 has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I know landscape mode isn't available for epubs on the Glo either, I suspect it's not available on any of their readers for epub format.
That's a pity -- I was afraid of that. I guess it has to do with the touch control / menu UI layout? I'll cross my fingers that support will be included in a firmware update.
Wingman4l7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman4l7 View Post
That's a pity -- I was afraid of that. I guess it has to do with the touch control / menu UI layout? I'll cross my fingers that support will be included in a firmware update.
Yeah, it's a shame. But yeah, I was only describing the landscape for PDFs as that's what the poster ereaders was asking about.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote