Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Currently calibre cant import metadata from file names to custom columns. If it could do that having a specific old filename column would not be needed. As a workaround if you don't use the publisher field you could use that to import file-names.
File-names usually do not have publisher fields and you need the original file-names to correct your library so once you are done you can update the publisher field.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #17
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Missing Post

How did victthoe delete the post that I replied to in #15?

Last edited by Agama; 01-14-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #18
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Currently calibre cant import metadata from file names to custom columns.
Can plugins set data for custom columns? Presumably the filename is available on adding a book to the library, so it may be possible to transfer it into a custom column using a FileTypePlugin triggered by on_import or on_postimport.

Last edited by Agama; 01-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
It seems he was banned and his posts deleted because of a hidden spam link.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
looks like a bad case of banned
(only Greenies can do that)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #21
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
So you infer, because you think it's important *and* because there are thousands of users, obviously *many other somebodies* must think it's important.

Ok, that makes sense.
Important ? Useful !
I have a personal usage scenario which I have described in the first message. I suppose other, which don't express their opinion here, could have the same usage scenario.

Since neither you nor I have usage data it is in the sixth sense of the developers to imagine if the feature could be useful or not.

Like anyone else I am attached to my opinions and this is a fault of every human being. Yes, I could fail, I could not express the opinion of other people, I could be strongly wrong but at the same time I could be right...

Please, never consider what I write as universal, dogmatic, imperative. I have made only a Feature Request :-) and I am open to conversation.
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #22
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Currently calibre cant import metadata from file names to custom columns. If it could do that having a specific old filename column would not be needed. As a workaround if you don't use the publisher field you could use that to import file-names.
File-names usually do not have publisher fields and you need the original file-names to correct your library so once you are done you can update the publisher field.
Dopedangel the problem arises in the scenario where:

1) You read metadata from the books and you don't use Regular Expressions.

In the scenario where you read directly from filename your suggestion is good.
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #23
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
dunno for sure if this workaround would work, but if you have a lot of books to add...
1. set preferences to use filename, not metadata - add all the books
2. flip preferences to use metadata not filename - add all the books again
3. merge the duplicate books that were added in step 2 with those added in step 1

maybe that way you can capture all the information you need
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #24
Agama
Guru

I'm interested in the possibility of writing a FileTypePlugin for this situation. I see that calibre "can't import metadata from file names to custom columns" but is it possible for a plugin to update custom column data?