Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
snooksbc
snooksbc
snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle fire
Am not feeling the Kindle love

As a canadian that was given a kindle fire as a gift, I really am a little disappointed that I can't access so much of the features that this kindle should have. Anyone know why kindle does not allow us to us any of the apps available to our american neighbours.
snooksbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
This should be in the Kindle Fire section, but which apps are you looking for?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yes, I hate hate hate how Amazon is doing working so differently between countries.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
My friends I don't have a Fire, but I have no doubt that what you seek is available on this forum. Follow Jessica's lead to the right "section" and make specific requests.

These are complicated machines and ecosystems and borders make them even more so, but in this forum are clever folks that have already solved most all problems.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooksbc View Post
As a canadian that was given a kindle fire as a gift, I really am a little disappointed that I can't access so much of the features that this kindle should have. Anyone know why kindle does not allow us to us any of the apps available to our american neighbours.
Amazon Canada just opened, and apps you cannot get via either Amazon store can be downloaded straightaway from other Android app stores like mobile1.com and a number of others I've listed on the blog. Received a couple of notes from people in Brazil who found this workaround works well for them.

You'll need to enable installation of apps from 'unknown sources' under Device in the Kindle Fire Settings. B&N doesn't allow this, but Amazon does and it's made all the difference.

You'll see more details on this at http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2012...ndle-fire.html
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I found out from Blossom that you can use the browser to download ES fileexplorer. from their website. You'll need this to select and install the apps.

Then it's easy to get a wide assortment of apps from sites like 1mobile.com
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I found out from Blossom that you can use the browser to download ES fileexplorer. from their website. You'll need this to select and install the apps.

Then it's easy to get a wide assortment of apps from sites like 1mobile.com
ES File Explorer is great and definitely #1 for file mgmt. For most newcomers to Kindle Fire (consumers), I've found that "Easy Installer" (also in the Amazon app store and 1mobile.com and several other stores) is easier for just installing apps.

Its only job is to hunt down where your app might be on the device (for some reason an apk file can sometimes go into areas other than 'download' folder). It presents them all to you and you can just click on the one you want, to start the installation.

ES File Explorer can be a bit more confusing when you're new.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 AM   #8
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
ES File Explorer is great and definitely #1 for file mgmt. For most newcomers to Kindle Fire (consumers), I've found that "Easy Installer" (also in the Amazon app store and 1mobile.com and several other stores) is easier for just installing apps.

Thanks, I'll try it!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
snooksbc
snooksbc
snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snooksbc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle fire
thanks you everyone
snooksbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
renswic
Enthusiast
renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.renswic is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: 2018 PW4
My only real annoyances(that I haven't found a fix for that is) is how any time I open Silk I have to close an extra tab, it never opens to last page used and that I have to remember to bookmark my books page in order to not have to search to where I was.
renswic is offline   Reply With Quote