Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #256
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Yippee! My cc was charged and my status changed to "Shipping Soon" on my NSO PW.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #257
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
My Wifi SO has been saying "Shipping soon" for a few days now I orded as soon as preorder was available.
Mine has been that way half of the day, still no serial number. I sure hope it doesn't extend into multiple days! My case is schedule to arrive tomorrow, and playing with an empty case will be exasperating!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #258
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
My Wifi SO has been saying "Shipping soon" for a few days now I orded as soon as preorder was available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Mine has been that way half of the day, still no serial number. I sure hope it doesn't extend into multiple days! My case is schedule to arrive tomorrow, and playing with an empty case will be exasperating!
Hmmm... I suppose I should stop looking for a serial number then. Mine just went to Shipping Soon a couple of hours ago.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #259
rpm1983
rpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheeserpm1983 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Retina iPad 3, iPhone 4S, Kindle 4S, Kindle Paperwhite 2 (on order)
So I had ordered a Wifi Paperwhite with Special Offers on 9/12 and was given a shipping date of 10/22

Over the weekend, against the advice I've typically seen here, I changed my shipping method from 1-day to 2-day (figured if I had to wait that long, why spend extra for 1-day) and it gave me an earlier estimated delivery date of 10/11

Well at the sudden prospect of having it much sooner, I got impatient and changed it right back to 1-day shipping and the estimated delivery was then 10/10

This morning I checked it just to make sure nothing had changed, and it said it had shipped 10/2 at 1:33am with estimated delivery of 10/4 with a tracking number and serial number

I ordered pretty early after the first lot sold out and the late October dates started being given, so maybe that's why?

Here's hoping others originally given 10/22 dates get them early too and that Amazon's manufacturing partners manage to keep the quality control up

Last edited by rpm1983; 10-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
rpm1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #260
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Pre-ordered on 9/11 w/free shipping (5-8 days); Wifi SO + black case; via Borderlinx. Was given the estimate of shipping on the second week of October arriving 9/15-9/18.

I guess I got lucky cause it shipped on 10/1 and it should arrive today (10/3) in Dayton, OH.

Edit: already out for delivery. hooray!

Last edited by KTamas; 10-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.
KTamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #261
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
oops, double post
KTamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #262
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My NSO PW is still scheduled for 10/11 delivery but its title has changed to "Shipping Soon." I'm hoping this lot has corrected the screen blotch errors of some of the ones delivered yesterday.

My PW Leather Tan cover, originally scheduled for 10/31, is now out for delivery today.

My Kindle HD 7" 32 Gb is still scheduled for 10/25 delivery.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #263
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Amazon continues to hold my Kindle Paperwhite hostage. I'm still "Shipping Soon." Hmpf.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #264
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Wow. Amazon moves in mysterious ways. The cover arrived yesterday andas of 10pm last night I was still shipping soon with delivery on 10/10.

This morning I log in to see its already been shipped and out for delivery today.

I hope she likes her present.. She wanted a nook glow light originally.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #265
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm1983 View Post
So I had ordered a Wifi Paperwhite with Special Offers on 9/12 and was given a shipping date of 10/22

Over the weekend, against the advice I've typically seen here, I changed my shipping method from 1-day to 2-day (figured if I had to wait that long, why spend extra for 1-day) and it gave me an earlier estimated delivery date of 10/11

Well at the sudden prospect of having it much sooner, I got impatient and changed it right back to 1-day shipping and the estimated delivery was then 10/10

This morning I checked it just to make sure nothing had changed, and it said it had shipped 10/2 at 1:33am with estimated delivery of 10/4 with a tracking number and serial number

I ordered pretty early after the first lot sold out and the late October dates started being given, so maybe that's why?

Here's hoping others originally given 10/22 dates get them early too and that Amazon's manufacturing partners manage to keep the quality control up

Interesting... I just checked to see if I could change my delivery method and the option is no longer available. I hope that means that it has shipped and the system just needs to update. I ordered a wifi w/o SO PW on 9/9?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #266
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Should I be concerned that my 2nd PW (got the other one yesterday from the same order) is out for delivery but I don't see the SSN associated with it? For the other PW it showed up when the status changed to Shipping. I guess that if you buy it at Staples or something you have to register it to your account when you get it home so it should be able to do it even if it does not come that way.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #267
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
Should I be concerned that my 2nd PW (got the other one yesterday from the same order) is out for delivery but I don't see the SSN associated with it? For the other PW it showed up when the status changed to Shipping. I guess that if you buy it at Staples or something you have to register it to your account when you get it home so it should be able to do it even if it does not come that way.
I wouldn't be concerned. Amazon's site isn't keeping up with things right now. Some have reported the site still saying shipping soon only to have their device show up and be delivered.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #268
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I wouldn't be concerned. Amazon's site isn't keeping up with things right now. Some have reported the site still saying shipping soon only to have their device show up and be delivered.
That gives me hope!! Although I still don't have a serial number, so maybe not.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #269
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I ordered a PW with SO on Sept. 8. I originally had an estimated arrival date of Oct. 9 to 12. Today I received notice that it has shipped! Estimated arrival is now Oct 6 (Saturday!!)

Serial number starts with B024, if that's helpful to anyone.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #270
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I ordered the cover and the PW without SO on the 6th. The cover shipped Monday and arrived Tuesday. The PW just switched to shipping soon this morning. Hoping that it ships tonight.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote