Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Free - Two Harlequin titles (Romance)

Donna Alward - Hired: The Italian's Bride

Wanted: one contract bride!

Alexis Grayson is good at looking after herself - she's been doing it all her life. So what if she's alone and pregnant? She'll cope! But gorgeous cowboy Connor Madsen seems determined to take care of her. And Alexis can help him – he needs a temporary wife; she needs somewhere to live until the baby's born. A short-term marriage will solve all their difficulties!
(pdf)

http://tryharlequin.com/download.php...ight=420&id=15

The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill

Dear Cici and Father,
I have come to Devon and married a duke. And I’m more tired and hungry than I have ever been in my life. Please let me come home.

Compromised and wedded on the same day, Lady Miranda was fast finding married life not to her taste. A decaying manor and a secretive husband were hardly the stuff of girlish dreams. Yet every time she looked at dark, brooding Marcus Radwell, Duke of Haughleigh, she felt inexplicably compelled - and determined - to make their marriage real!
(pdf)

http://tryharlequin.com/download.php...ight=390&id=12

P.S. sorry if these have been posted before.
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you! I noticed they are finally adding new titles to the site after having the same freebies for a long time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Hee. You can get stealth DRM-free ePub versions of some of these by copy-pasting the link from the "Download PDF" button and replacing the "type=pdf" at the end with an "type=epub" before putting the URL back into your browser bar.

Doesn't seem to work with the very latest two or the French/Spanish-language ones, unfortunately. I wonder why they removed the official ePub option for the older titles?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Hee. You can get stealth DRM-free ePub versions of some of these by copy-pasting the link from the "Download PDF" button and replacing the "type=pdf" at the end with an "type=epub" before putting the URL back into your browser bar.

Doesn't seem to work with the very latest two or the French/Spanish-language ones, unfortunately. I wonder why they removed the official ePub option for the older titles?
I've often wonder that myself. I have the old ones in Mobi & LIT when they first put the page up. If you see the new English titles in another format let me know.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Awesome new freebies!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Brilliant!

I tried to give you karma for hat post, but apparently I've given you too much recently and I'm not allowed, so I'll just say thank you instead.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #7
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Brilliant!

I tried to give you karma for that post, but apparently I've given you too much recently and I'm not allowed, so I'll just say thank you instead.
Ditto, me too! Thanks.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:

I don't know but it is very annoying. Pdfs are a pain to read on a nook--possible, but annoying.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
I just noticed something!

If you do what ATDrake suggested and replace pdf with epub, you come to a new place-holder page while the epub file is downloading. On that page, there's a link to "free books", that will take you to this page: TryHarlequin.com 18 free titles to download. They default to pdf, but you can use the "type=epub" trick here as well to get that format.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Both books now have an EPUB option on the detail pages (links in first msg).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I just grab the epub versions!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #12
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Thanks for pointing out the ePub versions!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thanks - I noticed the one I downloaded before in 'stealth' was actually 0 in file size. I'd recommend a re-download if you grabbed the earlier file.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
The Inconvenient Duchess by Christine Merrill is free for US Kindle
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote