Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: do you like kite?
yes 55 85.94%
no 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #76
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Eh? #1 please explain how you use Kite in this scenario (for starting/stopping USB networking?) - does this have to do with Kite after all? You're jumping on lots of threads and starting lots of new threads and the impression prevails you should spend some minutes and read over what has already been documented and explained.

That said, #2: What "USB connected screen"? There shouldn't be any when using USB networking. If there is, please give a description how you're using USB networking.

As an aside note: I think Kite, which has always been a source of some minor instability issues, is now practically superceded by KUAL.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Since your profile mentions a Kindle4, this behavior may happen under certain circumstances (namely, bypassing volumd). Make sure you use a recent USBNet version, it's been fixed for a while.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #78
betaz
betaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Kite not working :-(

*UPDATE*
Now it's working. The only thing I did was to reboot several times the kindle. I've tried rebooting it before but without luck. After some more reboots it just started working. Weird.

I have Kindle 3 wifi 3.4. I've installed kite with no problem, but it seems to be not working properly. When I added the screensaver.sh file, it was moved to the unused folder and no screen_saver dir was created (and accordingly no new screen savers are displayed).

I also tried installing the kindlepdfreader copying the links (KPDF*) in the root folder, but they are not shown in the main screen of the kindle.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Beta

Last edited by betaz; 08-15-2013 at 04:01 AM.
betaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #79
Ian.M
Connoisseur
Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle 3 GB 3G

ReadabilityMod
(K3 Experimental Browser: Article Mode fix for links that open in a new window) now packaged for KITE.

Last edited by Ian.M; 02-05-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Ian.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #80
OnePotato
OnePotato began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Experimental Browser on Kindle Keyboard

Speaking of the Experimental Browser on the Kindle Keyboard (serial number B006) - Is it possible to change the user agent? (Or use a different web browser?) Many sites don't recognize the browser as a mobile device which can cause issues - mail.live.com in particular. Changing the useragent to something like windows phone or Symbian ~should~ fool the sites in question.
OnePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #81
Aanya
Enthusiast
Aanya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Great share, really worthy. But I should install it again once I format?

Not sure it's working with kite or not.
Aanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #82
Kermit21
Kermit21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwndrd View Post
I have the same problem. Had since the first install, but it didn't bother me since i've only used CoolReader. Now i've tried to use some collection generation scripts and ended up nearly in bootloop since the script reboots framework.
I've also the same problem. I put 4 scripts to /mnt/us/kite (not /mnt/us/kite/onboot !). All 4 scripts starts every time after boot simultaneous .
Somebody solved this issue?

I don't like kual. It's to complex to add scripts. I can't just add them to a directory (kual need two complex config-files) and I can't launch my Apps from Homescreen with kual? But the biggest disadvantage:l I can't use kual with duokan
kite also seems to works with duokan! I can see my 4 scripts in duokan and can execute them! They even don't start at duokan-startup! But when I "Switch to Kindle", I got the startup-problem again.

Last edited by Kermit21; 06-19-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Kermit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit21 View Post
- - - -
I don't like kual. It's to complex to add scripts. I can't just add them to a directory (kual need two complex config-files) and I can't launch my Apps from Homescreen with kual?

But the biggest disadvantage:l I can't use kual with duokan
kite also seems to works with duokan! I can see my 4 scripts in duokan and can execute them! They even don't start at duokan-startup! But when I "Switch to Kindle", I got the startup-problem again.
Well, your the first to admit it.
Consider yourself in the minority about liking KUAL.

- - - -

Ah, a Duokan user.
Duokan is not one of this forum's applications.
Best that you learn Chinese and take your problems to the Duokan project's forum.

I.E: You don't like KUAL and we don't like Duokan here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:46 AM   #84
Kermit21
Kermit21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Duokan is not one of this forum's applications.
Best that you learn Chinese and take your problems to the Duokan project's forum.

I.E: You don't like KUAL and we don't like Duokan here.
It's not a Duokan problem. In Duokan kite works well. Duokan is just an app for me. It's a kindle problem! Two people in this thread have the same problem like me with kite.
I like to start my apps (like Liberator, CoolReader3, K3Chess, usbnetwork) directly from (kindle-)homescreen and not to browse through long kual-menus
Kermit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 AM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit21 View Post
It's not a Duokan problem. In Duokan kite works well. Duokan is just an app for me. It's a kindle problem! Two people in this thread have the same problem like me with kite.
I like to start my apps (like Liberator, CoolReader3, K3Chess, usbnetwork) directly from (kindle-)homescreen and not to browse through long kual-menus
Length of KUAL menu ?

You can fix that yourself if you can delete text files.
Your comments show that you already know where/what files to delete.

From the sounds of your other preferences, it seems like you should be using Kindle Menu, not KUAL.
That launcher is designed to be very "Android-Like".

Although, unlike KUAL, Kindle Menu is for touch screen devices only.

- - - - -

At this point, I would suggest that you and the other two people with similar problems get together and provide us with enough detail of your set-up / installation / Kindle model(s) / firmware versions that a person stands a chance of duplicating your problem.

We really need to get more technical than "it doesn't work".
What spurs this request is that I noticed that one of the problem posters only list a K4 in their info box and this is a K3 specific launcher (different init systems as I recall).

And just general advice -
You might get more effective help if you hold off on the criticism of the developers work here until **AFTER** your own problem is solved.

This isn't a paid support site, where the people working here have to (because they are paid) provide answers regardless of your person opinions (as long as your support contract is paid up).

I.E: Much more effective to make friends and ask for help than make enemies and demand help.

Last edited by knc1; 06-20-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:51 AM   #86
ddurdle
ddurdle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Keyboard
I'm trying to install Kite on a Kindle Keyboard with 3.4 and I get a U007 install error when installing the 3.2.1 version file.

Is Kite abandoned?
ddurdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #87
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurdle View Post
I'm trying to install Kite on a Kindle Keyboard with 3.4 and I get a U007 install error when installing the 3.2.1 version file.

Is Kite abandoned?
Years ago.
But it will still work on the device/firmware combinations it was intended to work on.
Read the directions, see if that includes your use case.