Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
New review on Amazon for Blood of Requiem:

"Fast and Furious Dragons: Blood of Requiem is a well-crafted novel, with strong, flowing prose, well-developed characters and a fast moving plot that keeps the reader engaged. The story follows the struggles of a few survivors of the Vis Requis to evade the evil King Dies Irae, who hunts these dragon people he calls weredragons mercilessly, aided by a host of griffins."

You can read the full review on Amazon.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #17
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

New five star review for Blood of Requiem on GoodReads.com: "Absolutely fantastic book and a book I would never have chosen except it was part of a book reading challenge. Only disappointment is that the second book hasn't been written yet. Must read book."
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
Wow love the art work! I would be tempted to make that my background if you have something a little bigger. If you don't mind my asking who was the artiest and do they have a web page?

I hate to say it but cover art is what really pulls me in and makes me pick up a book. Bad cover art and I will not even pick up the book (unless I happen to already know the author). I have to give this one a read for no other reason than the cover. I should also add that I've also got Eye of the Wizard on my read list as well.
I've downloaded it, it's reasonably enough priced to try it - but I must say the cover art seems very similar to, if not derivative of, a book that's been out some years now , "Eragon" (I think that's right) that my son got into, also about Dragons etc..
In fact dragon's are usually the main pictorial requirement for a book concerning dragons, I'd have thought !

Can't quite remember, need to look it up, but I think that was a series too. I read the first, which was OK, usual sort of quest/battle/gene-pool/solitary survivor of race or is it, thing, but I sort of lost track after that, but I'm sure there was more than one.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #19
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I've downloaded it, it's reasonably enough priced to try it - but I must say the cover art seems very similar to, if not derivative of, a book that's been out some years now , "Eragon" (I think that's right) that my son got into, also about Dragons etc..
In fact dragon's are usually the main pictorial requirement for a book concerning dragons, I'd have thought !

Can't quite remember, need to look it up, but I think that was a series too. I read the first, which was OK, usual sort of quest/battle/gene-pool/solitary survivor of race or is it, thing, but I sort of lost track after that, but I'm sure there was more than one.
Thanks, carpetmojo. I hope you enjoy reading the novel.

Yes, Eragon's cover also features a dragon. However, Eragon has more of a Young Adult and fairytale feel. Blood of Requiem is darker and geared toward older teens and adults. Its tone is probably closer to George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones), Roger Zelazny (Amber), or David Dalglish (The Half-Orcs).
Old 06-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
Its tone is probably closer to George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones), Roger Zelazny (Amber), or David Dalglish (The Half-Orcs).
I had not heard of David Dalglish so looked him up. He has some interesting stuff. I'll have to add him to my way to long to read list

Just finished off Dragon Space what a great read. So I'm moving on to one of your books the Eye of the Wizard. I think after that I'm going to read Blood of Requiem, I'm actually looking forward to reading it
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #21
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjack21 View Post
I had not heard of David Dalglish so looked him up. He has some interesting stuff. I'll have to add him to my way to long to read list

Just finished off Dragon Space what a great read. So I'm moving on to one of your books the Eye of the Wizard. I think after that I'm going to read Blood of Requiem, I'm actually looking forward to reading it
Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for reading.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #22
DArenson
ebookworm

"Which of your characters in this book was the most difficult to write about? Why?"

Author David Burton interviewed me about Blood of Requiem. You can see our discussion here.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 PM   #23
DArenson
ebookworm

Worlds collide at the blog From the Shadows!

"Today we are trying something new. We have two fabulous authors... participating in a cross-novel character interview where worlds, and personalities, collide! There has been a temporal rift in imagination’s space-time continuum. This causes Ken Lowery and his dog, Silas, from Robert J. Duperre’s novel Silas: A Supernatural Thriller, to have a chance encounter with Gloriae, ill-tempered daughter of Dies Irae, the evil villain from Blood of Requiem, the first book of Daniel Arenson’s Song of Dragons series. See what happens when three characters from two completely different universes meet…"

Take a look.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #24
DArenson
ebookworm

Author and reviewer Penelope Fletcher discusses Blood of Requiem:

Old 08-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #25
DArenson
ebookworm

Happy Sunday everyone! Time for a sample. Meet Gloriae, a villain from Blood of Requiem, in this new excerpt.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #26
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
just finished it last night. very good and has some really cool ideas. i've picked up the sequel and will get to it shortly (i can't read books in a series one after another, i need a buffer book lol).

my only minor complaint is that names and a few terms are repeated a bit too much but other than that its an excellent series so far. its epic fantasy but theres an ethereal, almost fairy tale quality to it.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #27
DArenson
ebookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
just finished it last night. very good and has some really cool ideas. i've picked up the sequel and will get to it shortly (i can't read books in a series one after another, i need a buffer book lol).
Thanks, xg! I hope you enjoy the sequel too.