Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
cannot resell my kindle on amazon

I was considering selling my kindle but amazon seem to have made that hard to do . I could not find any amazon marketplace deals for Kindle or any used prices

what 's all this about & what is the going price for a used Kindle ???

**Please note: The item for which you have attempted to create a listing is a restricted item.

Pre-approved Selling
All sellers registered to list their merchandise on Amazon.co.uk may create Amazon Marketplace listings. However, only pre-approved sellers may list top-selling items in the Electronics & Photo store.

We have restricted this store to ensure customers are able to buy with greater confidence from all sellers at Amazon.co.uk. We will not publicise exactly which ASINs are affected.

For enquiries regarding approval please contact us.

oh well, there's always ebay...

Last edited by cybmole; 03-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I don't find that at all surprising or disturbing
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sell it on eBay, or right here in the "Flea Market" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I don't find that at all surprising or disturbing
I do - amazon are deliberately abusing their market power to inhibit a "used" marketplace - i was only a vague , maybe, seller but now I am a committed one !
Old 03-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I do - amazon are deliberately abusing their market power to inhibit a "used" marketplace
OK... but isn't it their used marketplace?
Aren't there many other used marketplaces where you can sell your item?

I'm not seeing the "oppression" here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
What I find surprising is that they're willing to let individuals sell second hand items in the first place.
That said, it does seem like a hassle for those outside the US. I went to put my K2 up there only to find out that I needed a US bank account. Oh well...
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Cordanim
Kindle Newbie
Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Cordanim , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, Kindle 3 3G, iPad 2, BlackBerry Bold 9900
eBay's probably the way to go here (or feeBay as my monthly store invoice tends to tell me the real name should be).

Last edited by Cordanim; 03-30-2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: can't type :)
Cordanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
I would be like you enter Ford store and say "I'll say my old Ford here, I don't care you are living selling those cars." I think Amazon has right to do with their flagship product whatever they want.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #9
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
I would be like you enter Ford store and say "I'll say my old Ford here, I don't care you are living selling those cars." I think Amazon has right to do with their flagship product whatever they want.
Agree. Just because you're a customer doesn't mean you own the website.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #10
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
What I find surprising is that they're willing to let individuals sell second hand items in the first place.
as they take 20% commission it's not suprising at all ! I buy a lot from amazon used , and sell a lot of unwanted items through amazon market place. it's a better seller environment than ebay - no nasty paypal dispute & chargebacks. you just set a price & wait for someone to meet it amazon insure bother parties against disuptes.

kindle on ebay - all you see is silly buy-it-now prices that are higher than buying from amazon so difficult to assess how much a used one would actually sell for.

( I may well keep it, it's a great reader but Sony is even greater IMHO - for my needs )
Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
It's a little disheartening to see something like this, although I can't say that I'm surprised.

It'd be somewhat nice if they offered some sort of buy-back program for Kindles. Sure, the person trading it in would get boned when it comes to credit-value (Gamestop's trade-in rates, for example), but it'd be a pretty much guaranteed way to unload your unwanted/unneeded Kindle.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #12
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
kindle on ebay - all you see is silly buy-it-now prices that are higher than buying from amazon so difficult to assess how much a used one would actually sell for.
Those ridiculous high prices that you see on ebay are most likely supported by people who live in places to which Amazon will not ship. If you live in one of those places ebay may be the only easy source for the item.

This isn't a problem for someone selling. Ebay is a seller's market. If all you see are buy-it-now prices that are higher than Amazon's, it's a perfect environment for you to sell your used kindle for just a few $ less which makes it look like a bargain by comparison. Ebay can be a terrible place to go if you're a buyer because there is almost always some dope out there willing to pay more than you.

You can easily see how much used Kindles sell for on ebay by doing an advanced search and checking the completed listings box.

This forum is populated by people who know a lot about Kindles and what they cost. Compare that to ebay where you run into people who just fell off a turnip truck, have never heard of a Kindle, and don't know what a reasonable price is. I know which type of buyer I'd rather have bidding for MY used Kindle. OTOH, if your goal is to move it as quickly as possible, the forum here would be a good place to unload it cheaply.

Craig's list can be a good option because you won't have to ship the item but you have to be willing to put up with flakes who don't show up when they say they will or having weird people show up at your door.

Buy-back programs are always a bad deal compared to selling the item.

Last edited by Mark Rehorst; 04-02-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
TMPoole
TMPoole began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX/Mobipocket,Astak Pocket Pro, Kindle2, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I was considering selling my kindle but amazon seem to have made that hard to do . I could not find any amazon marketplace deals for Kindle or any used prices

what 's all this about & what is the going price for a used Kindle ???

**Please note: The item for which you have attempted to create a listing is a restricted item.

Pre-approved Selling
All sellers registered to list their merchandise on Amazon.co.uk may create Amazon Marketplace listings. However, only pre-approved sellers may list top-selling items in the Electronics & Photo store.

We have restricted this store to ensure customers are able to buy with greater confidence from all sellers at Amazon.co.uk. We will not publicise exactly which ASINs are affected.

For enquiries regarding approval please contact us.

oh well, there's always ebay...
Sorry to hear that.

I sold my Kindle 2 on Amazon Marketplace without a hitch. Must have changed the rules since last year. I sold mine and replaced it with a K3.
TMPoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rehorst View Post
Those ridiculous high prices that you see on ebay are most likely supported by people who live in places to which Amazon will not ship. If you live in one of those places ebay may be the only easy source for the item.

This isn't a problem for someone selling. Ebay is a seller's market. If all you see are buy-it-now prices that are higher than Amazon's, it's a perfect environment for you to sell your used kindle for just a few $ less which makes it look like a bargain by comparison. Ebay can be a terrible place to go if you're a buyer because there is almost always some dope out there willing to pay more than you.

You can easily see how much used Kindles sell for on ebay by doing an advanced search and checking the completed listings box.

This forum is populated by people who know a lot about Kindles and what they cost. Compare that to ebay where you run into people who just fell off a turnip truck, have never heard of a Kindle, and don't know what a reasonable price is. I know which type of buyer I'd rather have bidding for MY used Kindle. OTOH, if your goal is to move it as quickly as possible, the forum here would be a good place to unload it cheaply.

Craig's list can be a good option because you won't have to ship the item but you have to be willing to put up with flakes who don't show up when they say they will or having weird people show up at your door.

Buy-back programs are always a bad deal compared to selling the item.
Definitely great advice. That final option (if you're not looking for $) is to just give it to someone who doesn't have an e-reader as a gift. That's what I plan to do with my K3 if the K4 (if it is a non-tablet device) is something I purchase eventually.
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote