A week. 3 5.56%
A month. 0 0%
I don't really use it much at all. 1 1.85%
I don't have a Reader, I just want to see the poll results. 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
How long do you go without using your Reader?

This came up in another thread, and I think it's a worthwhile question, so here it is: How long do you typically go without using your Reader?

Discuss.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #2
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Does any eBook reader count? If so, 8 hours at most

EDIT: saw the poll after posting this...
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz
Does any eBook reader count? If so, 8 hours at most
I was thinking mainly of the Sony Reader, but I don't see why everyone shouldn't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz
EDIT: saw the poll after posting this...
Actually, you stealthily got in there before I got the poll up!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The longest time for me is about 10hours. I have to reluctantly tell you that this device has become the king's sceptre.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Sometimes I don't touch it for a week. I have more hobby's to keep me busy.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There I was reading on the Reader in the doctor's waiting room, several other people waiting asked questions and wanted to know where they could get one. I did not even get two pages completely read in over 20 minutes. I get to the exam room and get about 10 pages read waiting for the doctor. The normal 10 minute exam takes 30 minutes as he looks over the device and decides he wants one. (The bill was for the 10 minute exam fee.) As I am leaving his partner comes by and says that they heard about the Reader and asks if they could see it. Again another "I want one too." I turn to pay the bill and the clerk announces that she is going to tell her kids and husband to get her one for Mother's Day. Maybe Sony should pay me a referral fee, one day with three plus solid leads.

I may have to start not taking the Reader out as it seems more and more I cannot read in public without people asking what it is and reacting favorably once they see the screen.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist

I see Sony's nefarious plan is working! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

Er, that is, I meant to say, that's very interesting, RWood.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #8
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
They should totally give referral credit on the Connect store or something, not just for new accounts but say like 1% of the total Connect purchases of that user.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's really funny for me to read all these stories about people coming up to you and asking you about your Reader. I've used mine in all sorts of public places, and not once has anyone asked me about it. We're all a lot more "reserved" in the UK, I think; talking to a complete stranger is something that people just don't do here .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #10
Bitgod
Enthusiast
Bitgod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad / PRS-600 / iPhone 3G
My current usage is like an hour or two a day for maybe 3 days a week here and there. It should go up next month once TV season is over.
Bitgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:22 AM   #11
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
I use the Reader mostly at home in the evening after work. On weekend I rarely touch it. I'm finding more amd more reasons to go and read with it while I'm outdoors, though. Reading at home is comftable, but reading outdoors in bright sunlight is an experience you can't beat with a regular pbook. Better viewing, and the Reader doesn't get all that hard to hold open when you're in the beginning or the end of the book .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
I read on the train to and from work, often in the evenings as well to relax....so really only when I'm working I'm not using it.
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #13
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
It's really funny for me to read all these stories about people coming up to you and asking you about your Reader. I've used mine in all sorts of public places, and not once has anyone asked me about it. We're all a lot more "reserved" in the UK, I think; talking to a complete stranger is something that people just don't do here
I agree with what you say Harry, I often find people staring with apparent interest but they will avert their gaze if they think I've noticed them.

My daughter commutes to London daily and most days on the train she sees a young man with an iLiad. But she's never spoken to him to say "My mum's got one of those" -- she just looked aghast at me when I suggested it.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
There I was reading on the Reader in the doctor's waiting room, several other people waiting asked questions and wanted to know where they could get one.
Yeah, it is kind of fun. This has been going on with me for years, with my old Rocket eBook and now with the Reader.

You have a splendid business opportunity here. Why not buy an extra three or four and when people ask, tell them they have to go to Japan to buy one, but you "just happen to have an extra one you'll sell for $500."
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #15
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i even read while i charge
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote