Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
Help me find my ideal PDF viewer

1. It needs to be able to insert a blank page at the beginning, so I'm not always off by one page.
2. It needs to be able to display it full screen (completely full screen, not just maximized), and it needs to be able to do it in a 2-up (facing) layout. I've used PDF readers which do the former, but haven't ever found one that supports a facing layout in full-screen mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
garbanzo
bean
garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garbanzo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Foxit Phantom can show facing pages in full screen. you can even do 3 or more if you have a wide screen.

not sure about blank page though...
garbanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
1. should be fixable by choosing ``Show cover page during two-up''

2. I believe may be addressed in the Glassbook ebook reader --- if you can find a copy and are willing to accept being able to view only older formats of .pdfs

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you buy a tablet PC (or MAC), Adobe Acrobat pro will allow you to do those things. I don't know if lesser devices (netbooks, iPad, etc) will run Acrobat Pro.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankypoo View Post
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Are you talking about Software for PCs? Or a certain device?

FoxIt reader does full screen and facing pages. It also allows you to edit the pages... not sure about adding one... but I don't have the editor component installed... so it may allow it. I'm not sure if the editing component is free like the viewer is.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 03-19-2010 at 11:50 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
Thanks, guys, for the suggestions.
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote