Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #31
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
VR favors books about or made from bacon.

And I savored every page of The Complete Book of Cheese.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #32
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thanks for the announcement, vivaldirules. This is great news.

....of course, we contributors have only just begun.

So: What will be the exact date for 7,000? Maybe the winner could win that perennial favorite: The Complete Book of Cheese

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #33
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I see that Patricia is just 20 uploads short of 2000. It boggles my wee mind. And her continual desire to fulfill all requests (e.g., pshwynk's 1001 Nights that must've taken forever) is inspiring. I've been racking my brains thinking of ways we could thank her (besides just thanking her and raising a Zany Carter Patricia in her name). Suggestions are welcome. By the way, the rest of the heavy hitters are also deserving but Patricia's efforts just seem exceptional.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could thank Patricia by getting her a PRS-505. The way to do that is get me a PRS-700 and I'll give her my PRS-505. Sounds like a deal to me.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I see that Patricia is just 20 uploads short of 2000. It boggles my wee mind. And her continual desire to fulfill all requests (e.g., pshwynk's 1001 Nights that must've taken forever) is inspiring. I've been racking my brains thinking of ways we could thank her (besides just thanking her and raising a Zany Carter Patricia in her name). Suggestions are welcome. By the way, the rest of the heavy hitters are also deserving but Patricia's efforts just seem exceptional.
i agree, patricia deserves something special to thank her for all her work. somehow, just buying her a drink when she next comes to paris doesn't seem sufficient.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM   #36
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You could thank Patricia by getting her a PRS-505. The way to do that is get me a PRS-700 and I'll give her my PRS-505. Sounds like a deal to me.
Self serving and generous. I love it!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #37
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, I did put her on the ticket as VP. That gives here a straight line shot to stealing the election for herself after I'm done pillaging the Treasury.

I certainly do appreciate the One Thousand Nights and a Night, as well.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You are all just too kind. I really do enjoy making books. I'm only glad that some people like reading them, so that I'm not unnecessarily cluttering up the bandwidth.

I have been thinking of updating my PRS500, but can't make up my mind whether to get a 505 or import a 700. I may wait until after Christmas to see whether the prices drop in the January sales.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #39
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Patricia. As a token of our appreciation, may we (ahem) offer you an autographed copy of marc's first novel "A High Gibbonate's High Adventures"? It's a real trip, I'm sure. Or how about one of Steve's next navel? Novel! I meant novel! Wait, we'll think of something.

Really, thank you so much. You're a real gem.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i agree, patricia deserves something special to thank her for all her work. somehow, just buying her a drink when she next comes to paris doesn't seem sufficient.
Buying her a TICKET to Paris seems sufficient.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Buying her a TICKET to Paris seems sufficient.

Don
now that is just incredibly generous of you, Dr. Drib !! thank you !! i'm sure she'll appreciate that deeply. i know i will, because we always have tea together when she comes ("twice" counts as "always", right ? if it's two out of the last two times she's been here ?), and i enjoy her company. plus she brings me hobnobs (mmm, hobnobs !). no, really, i'm touched on her behalf, and in anticipation. very sweet of you !
Old 11-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #42
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Activity at the MR library, in the form of new deposits, has been rather brisk lately with over 400 new uploads so far this month. Yesterday alone there were 26 uploads of 12 different titles. Thank you, MR uploaders!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MRuploads.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	18464  
Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #43
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
And there are more to come, I will upload more Wodehouse today or tomorrow
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #44
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Between Patricia, crutledge and myself we have over 400 books uploaded in one month. Of course, as we all handle 3 formats, this reduces the real number somewhat, but we are around 130-150 new book titles per month between us 3, not to mention all the other ebook uploaders.

That's more than any other portal for free e-books, including manybooks and the mighty PG itself.

I thought this was worth mentioning. Kudos to Charlie and Patricia!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stats.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	19223  

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-15-2008 at 12:58 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Between Patricia, crutledge and myself we have over 400 books uploaded in one month. Of course, as we all handle 3 formats, this reduces the real number somewhat, but we are around 130-150 new book titles per month between us 3, not to mention all the other ebook uploaders.

That's more than any other portal for free e-books, including manybooks and the mighty PG itself.

I thought this was worth mentioning. Kudos to Charlie and Patricia!
kudos to them and to you as well, and to all the other uploaders. thank you all.