Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Yay! Have over $80 in change to take to a coinstar machine for an Amazon gift cert!

I dumped my piggy bank out tonight while watching CSI to see roughly how much change had accumulated. I bagged it into ziplocs to take to a CoinStar machine tomorrow so I can redeem the change for an Amazon egift certificate! Now I need to go check out my wish list! Anyone else do this to put towards your Kindle books?
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I save my coins to cash in and spend at Christmas
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
DickyCheung22
Enthusiast
DickyCheung22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Haa.. I count my coins after read this post... I have $168.40 ... maybe purchase some kindle books too...
DickyCheung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyCheung22 View Post
Haa.. I count my coins after read this post... I have $168.40 ... maybe purchase some kindle books too...
Yay! Enjoy!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Lightbulb

/me goes off to find a big jar and empty my coins into it...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
/me goes off to find a big jar and empty my coins into it...
How much does a zlotny go for these days?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
I dumped my piggy bank out tonight while watching CSI to see roughly how much change had accumulated. I bagged it into ziplocs to take to a CoinStar machine tomorrow so I can redeem the change for an Amazon egift certificate! Now I need to go check out my wish list! Anyone else do this to put towards your Kindle books?
Cool... but doesn't coinstar charge like 10 or 15% of something? I seem to remember my wife telling me about a cheaper option, but I can't recall what it is right now. My wife is the master of the deal.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why not just take it to the bank?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
How much does a zlotny go for these days?
wow, someone's been paying attention... however all my coins are actually in € / centimes. apart from a few left over from travel. (also, i think you mean złoty. i added the accent for you. )
Old 10-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Cool... but doesn't coinstar charge like 10 or 15% of something? I seem to remember my wife telling me about a cheaper option, but I can't recall what it is right now. My wife is the master of the deal.

BOb
Some Coinstar type things waive the fee if you buy the cards they offer and charge the card issuer for the traffic.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Maybe because it cost money? At least in Sweden you have to pay for a bank to accept a lot of coins.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
They charge 8.9% (according to their website) to exchange the coins for other currency, but it is waived when you go for the gift cards (presumably subsidized by the merchants). So by going for the Amazon gift card, I get the full value of my coins to use.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #13
texasnightowl
Guru

Quote:
Well, I could. No reason not to I guess. But the coins are kinda like "found money" in a way. So instead of adding it to savings I usually splurge with accumulated coinage. So putting it towards ebooks works for me!

My mother once accumulated so much coinage she used it to buy 2 pairs of shoes that go for $150 each.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
Well, I could. No reason not to I guess. But the coins are kinda like "found money" in a way. So instead of adding it to savings I usually splurge with accumulated coinage. So putting it towards ebooks works for me!

My mother once accumulated so much coinage she used it to buy 2 pairs of shoes that go for $150 each.
holy cow. that's a lot of coinage.

my bank card has a new program which automatically rounds up every purchase to the next euro and deposits the difference in my savings account, and adds 15% from the bank (nice of them isn't it). it's called "the card that saves." so now that i'm thinking about it i'm likely to have less and less coinage as i try to use my bank card much more now.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Harry, most US banks will not accept a large amount of coins, even if they are rolled. And, if they do they also charge a fee. Although I can't imagine it would be as high a 9% at a bank.

But, as someone said, that I forgot, if you get the gift card from the coin machine there is no fee. That was what my wife said I think.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote