Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
e-Book Tools - a Word add-in

Welcome to my Word add-in. This add-in has all kinds of procedures to help with creating e-Books.

Amongst others, the following procedures are available:
  • Preperation/Prework
  • Search & Replace
  • Check dialogues
  • Check accented Words
  • Generate clean HTML
  • Create ePUB
  • Check for smallcaps
  • Check for sub- and superscript

The preperation/prework procedure is the first procedure to roughly cleanup the output from ABBYY (or another OCR program) to prepare for the other work. The second is a Search and Replace procedure. That procedure follows a Word document with tables (example available on the site) that contains a large number of S&R rules. An XML document is also possible. Your own rules can be added to that, there is an internal editor for this to make it easier. The dutch version has much more standard available than the English, but if you send me additions (not via this forum please to keep the thread clean) I will add them to the base document. Some S&R are language independent.
The third procedure is to check all dialogues in the system if they are correct. With correct I mean having an opening and an ending quote. I check for 3 kind of quotes: single, double and guillemets (« »). Almost all variants are available to support multiple languages. The procedure can also check the various types of parenthesis.
The fourth procedure is useful for languages that are not using accented words frequently in my opinion. It checks all accents to check they are correct. Words can be added to a temporary list to skip them for the remainder of the document.
The fifth procedure is basically my HTML export macro (with some changes). The sixth procedure is taking the HTML export and creates a base ePUB ready to be loaded into Sigil or the Calibre Editor. You can make additions like adding a title, author, description and cover. A basic table of contents is created. If desired, a stylesheet can be created based on the layout in Word. Foot- and endnotes are supported as well. If desired, the document can be split per chapter during the creation of the ePUB.

There are many more features and tools.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ePUBTools-setup.zip (4.50 MB, 516 views)

Last edited by Toxaris; 02-02-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Tried to install it but after restart my computer said that it couldn't find the install package. I have Windows 7
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then you probably downloaded the patch and not the program itself. The patch is for people that have the older version.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Then you probably downloaded the patch and not the program itself. The patch is for people that have the older version.
Doh! I'll give it another try
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Toxaris,
Thank you for this add-in. I have successfully installed it on my Win 7 64-bit computer. I use Word 2002 (XP).
I must ask two questions:
1. How will I know that the add-in is working?
2. Will it work on documents that have already been created?
Thank you.
Frank
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard

It will not work on Word 2002. You need to have the ribbon, so Word 2007 and later. Sorry.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
frank14612
Connoisseur
frank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litterfrank14612 doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch with Glow-light
Quote:
It will not work on Word 2002. You need to have the ribbon, so Word 2007 and later. Sorry.
Thank you.
frank14612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks, I think I'll give this a try!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Tox:

FYI, for whatever reason, the PDF, of all things, seemed to choke Chrome. I had to use--wait for it--Exploder to dl the PDF, LOL.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Tox:

FYI, for whatever reason, the PDF, of all things, seemed to choke Chrome. I had to use--wait for it--Exploder to dl the PDF, LOL.

Hitch
The PDF works fine in Firefox. I gave up Chrome when I found out how not as good as Firefox it really is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This sounds like a very nice add-in. Well done Toxaris!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The PDF works fine in Firefox. I gave up Chrome when I found out how not as good as Firefox it really is.
I gave up Firefox when I had to reboot daily due to the seriously excessive memory leaks and endless errors, not to mention all the glitches with whatever it last was, Flash Player or what-have-you. I don't shut down my computer every day. If you do, Firefox is fine; but if you don't, it's a serious memory leech.

H
Old 05-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard

If the internal PDF viewer of Chrome is used, I can replicate this. I changed the viewer to Adobe and then it does work.
It can be changed by going to the following page: chrome://plugins

Otherwise is can be downloaded of course...

Last edited by Toxaris; 05-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
If the internal PDF viewer of Chrome is used, I can replicate this. I changed the viewer to Adobe and then it does work.
It can be changed by going to the following page: chrome://plugins

Otherwise is can be downloaded of course...
Oh, I have it, no problem. I wasn't reporting the issue for me; just thought you'd like to know that Chrome seemed to have an issue with it. ;-)

Hitch
Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
PageLab
Connoisseur
PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PageLab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, iPad, Nook, Kobo, Positivo Alfa
Thanks for this, Toxaris!
PageLab is offline   Reply With Quote