Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Hardy, Thomas: Complete Works | v.1.3 | Update 14 Aug 2016

This volume collects the complete writings of Thomas Hardy (1840–1928, Wikipedia):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover1.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	121641

Novels
Desperate Remedies [1871]
Under the Greenwood Tree [1872]
A Pair of Blue Eyes [1873]
Far from the Madding Crowd [1874]
The Hand of Ethelberta [1876]
The Return of the Native [1878]
The Trumpet-Major John Loveday [1880]
A Laodicean [1881]
Two on a Tower [1882]
The Mayor of Casterbridge [1886]
The Woodlanders [1887]
Tess of the d’Urbervilles [1891]
Jude the Obscure [1895]
The Well–Beloved [1897]

Stories
Wessex Tales [1888]: The Three Strangers; A Tradition of Eighteen Hundred and Four; The Melancholy Hussar of the German Legion; The Withered Arm; Fellow-Townsmen; Interlopers at the Knap; The Distracted Preacher
A Group of Noble Dames [1891]: The first Countess of Wessex; Barbara of the House of Grebe; The Marchioness of Stonehenge; Lady Mottisfont; The Lady Icenway; Squire Petrick’s Lady, Anna, Lady Baxby; The Lady Penelope; The Duchess of Hamptonshire; The Honourable Laura
Life’s Little Ironies [1894]: An Imaginative Woman; The Son’s Veto; For Conscience’ Sake; A Tragedy of Two Ambitions; On the Western Circuit; To Please His Wife; The Fiddler of the Reels; A Few Crusted Characters
A Changed Man and Other Tales [1913]: A Changed Man; The Waiting Supper; Alicia’s Diary; The Grave by the Handpost; Enter A Dragoon; A Tryst at an Ancient Earth Work; What the Shepherd Saw; A Committee-Man of ‘The Terror’; The Duke’s Reappearance; A Mere Interlude; The Romantic Adventures of a Milkmaid
Uncollected Stories: Blue Jimmy: The Horse Stealer; Destiny and a Blue Cloak; How I Built Myself a House; Old Mrs Chundle; Our Exploits at West Poley; The Doctor’s Legend; The Spectre of the Real; The Thieves Who Couldn’t Help Sneezing; The Unconquerable; An Indiscretion in the Life of an Heiress

Poems
Wessex Poems and Other Verses [1898]
Poems of the Past and the Present [1901]
Time’s Laughingstocks and Other Verses [1909]
Satires of Circumstance with Miscellaneous Pieces [1914]
Moments of Vision and Miscellaneous Verses [1917]
Late Lyrics and Earlier with Many Other Verses [1923]
Human Shows, Far Phantasies, Songs and Trifles [1925]
Winter Words in Various Moods and Metres [1928]
31 uncollected poems and fragments

The texts are sourced from the University of Adelaide, mostly, while the uncollected stories and poems are from the site of the Thomas Hardy Society.

The formatting, italics, and diacritics have been checked and corrected by comparing the texts with the paper editions. Quotes are curly, footnotes are active, and fonts are embedded. There are the usual inline tables of contents and links after each text/chapter to get back to the respective tables, and alphabetical indexes for the poems and stories. The dates of first (book) publication are noted whenever available. As I don’t like the illustrations for Hardy’s writings, they are not part of this collection.

Not yet included are his plays, because I couldn’t bring myself to format the 900-page monster The Dynasts, which is available on Gutenberg, but only in hard-to-transform <pre> elements. It will be added in a future update, which might take a week—or a year.

Best regards,
pynch.

Update | v.1.1 | 8 Jun 2014
Corrected some missing Greek words and a minor formatting flaw.

Update | v.1.2 | 31 Jul 2016
Proofed Desperate Remedies, Under the Greenwood Tree, Two on a Tower, The Mayor of Casterbridge, The Woodlanders, Tess of the d’Urbervilles, Jude the Obscure, The Well-Beloved, Wessex Tales, A Group of Noble Dames, Life’s Little Ironies, and A Changed Man and Other Tales against reprints of the Wessex Edition, Macmillan and Co. 1912, and corrected thousands of mistakes and variants.

Update | v.1.3 | 14 Aug 2016
Proofed A Pair of Blue Eyes, Far from the Madding Crowd, The Hand of Ethelberta, The Return of the Native, The Trumpet-Major John Loveday, A Laodicean, Wessex Poems and Other Verses, Poems of the Past and the Present, Time’s Laughingstocks and Other Verses, Satires of Circumstance with Miscellaneous Pieces, and Moments of Vision and Miscellaneous Verses against reprints of the Wessex Edition, Macmillan and Co. 1912, and corrected thousands of mistakes and variants. The layout is revised and the Wessex Edition frontispieces are included.

Previous downloads: 724
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Hardy - Works v1.3.epub (6.47 MB, 1605 views)

Last edited by pynch; 08-14-2016 at 05:27 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:58 AM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
Not yet included are his plays, because I couldn’t bring myself to format the 900-page monster The Dynasts, which is available on Gutenberg, but only in hard-to-transform <pre> elements.
Lazy bum.

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 04-13-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Inserted smiley. I know that pynch knows I'm joking, but others might not...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
You'll get to it in time!
Anyway, thanks for the great work.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:23 AM   #4
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Lazy bum.
I promise to add them before you finish reading the novels …
Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Thank you Pynch.

For my part, it is the poetry that interests me in Hardy.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
pynch
why in?

Update v.1.1 | 8 Jun 2014

Corrected some missing Greek words and a minor formatting flaw. With thanks to ousia for finding them!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #7
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Corrected some missing Greek words and a minor formatting flaw. With thanks to ousia for finding them!
Many thanks to you for your outstanding work, pynch.

BTW, do you have a site or a post where all your editions are listed? It is only to be sure that I have all your editions.

Many thanks again for your work,
ousia
ousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #8
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
BTW, do you have a site or a post where all your editions are listed? It is only to be sure that I have all your editions.
If you go to my profile page, all my threads, most of which contain my epub editions, are listed under statistics.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #9
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
If you go to my profile page, all my threads, most of which contain my epub editions, are listed under statistics.
Many thanks, pynch. I must admit I didn’t knew this feature.
ousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You can also click on Search -> Advanced Search, in the top blue bar. Write "pynch" in User Name, select "Find Threads Started by User" in the dropdown below, and select the "ePub Books" forum in the library section.

If pynch or anyone else wants to create a page listing the different uploads, the Wiki (again, link in the top blue bar) is the place. Actually I think these books deserve a section in Notable eBook Uploads.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Actually I think these books deserve a section in Notable eBook Uploads.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:28 AM   #12
pynch
why in?

Update | v.1.2 | 31 Jul 2016

Proofed Desperate Remedies, Under the Greenwood Tree, Two on a Tower, The Mayor of Casterbridge, The Woodlanders, Tess of the d’Urbervilles, Jude the Obscure, The Well-Beloved, Wessex Tales, A Group of Noble Dames, Life’s Little Ironies, and A Changed Man and Other Tales against reprints of the Wessex Edition, Macmillan and Co. 1912, and corrected thousands of mistakes and variants. Please let me know if you find any mistakes in them.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:56 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Beautifully done.

Now downloaded.

THANK YOU!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #14
pynch
why in?

Thanks. You might want to wait for another week, though: the proofing of the rest of the Wessex Edition books should be finished by then, I hope.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:54 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Thanks. You might want to wait for another week, though: the proofing of the rest of the Wessex Edition books should be finished by then, I hope.

Thank you.

I look forward to all of your work, which I find so beautifully and thoughtfully assembled.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote