Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
apricoto
apricoto began at the beginning.

Device: none
no page numbers

in calibre viewer, I see that there are no page numbers. Is this a setting that I can't find, to make this happen?

The viewer seems seems touchy about page turning. sometimes is moving 2 pages, sometimes just the right (2 page view) page moves to left side, sometimes the viewer minimizes, iac, finding my way back to where I was can be problematic with out page numbers to guide. or let me know if I moved 1 page, 2 pages, or more. Or if i go back to reread, to find my way back.

why no page numbers?
apricoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
try the space bar to turn forward.
Page(?) numbers are configured in the footer/header section of the option settings (escape: preferences: Header/Footer )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #3
apricoto
apricoto began at the beginning.

ok. it wasn't obvious. seems it is setting for left/middle/right footer> "position in book"

it then gives a number, eg 37.2, for left/middle/right sections, next group might be 38.2,38.2,38.2, and the next 42/4,42/4,42.4.

don't know what that number refers to, but it does what I need. I've noticed that stated pages in epubs and pdf change depending on the reader. All relative to something.

thanks for the direction.
apricoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
I don't think you are supposed (expected) to turn them on for all 3 positions
That was to give you a CHOICE. (and you could show something else in the others )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #5
democrite
Groupie
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Now that 4.x is out, perhaps the question of displaying EPUB 3 page numbers can be revisited.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote