Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Tweeks will not allow me to change font size in the interface

For the book details

change_book_details_font_size_by = 0

Even when I change it, apply is greyed out.

Just changed to new computer with different resolution, so have been trying to get calibre to where I'm happy with the look - so, I've probably done something to cause this. Thanks for any help.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
For the book details

change_book_details_font_size_by = 0

Even when I change it, apply is greyed out.

Just changed to new computer with different resolution, so have been trying to get calibre to where I'm happy with the look - so, I've probably done something to cause this. Thanks for any help.
Take a look at this thread.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bernie, I've tried all the settings using that thread earlier. My problem is that I can't change the book details font size in the tweeks. Everything else is great, just the book details takes up 1/3 rd of the screen.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Bernie, I've tried all the settings using that thread earlier. My problem is that I can't change the book details font size in the tweeks. Everything else is great, just the book details takes up 1/3 rd of the screen.
You mean like this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-05 12-33-08.png
Views:	158
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	163837
Just Drag to resize.

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-05 12-33-41.png
Views:	160
Size:	840.0 KB
ID:	163838

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-05 12-37-40.png
Views:	160
Size:	763.8 KB
ID:	163839

bernie
Old 05-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

I have the book details on the bottom like your third picture. I can either have it 1/3 the page or not at all. Dragging to resize smaller just takes it off the screen entirely.
Advert
Old 05-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are two apply buttons. Forst clickk "Apply changes to this tweak then click the main apply button
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
I have the book details on the bottom like your third picture. I can either have it 1/3 the page or not at all. Dragging to resize smaller just takes it off the screen entirely.
Then you might want to try using the "Wide User Interface layout". See the second screenshot

With the book details tweet to get a smaller font enter -1, etc, etc then click the apply changes tweet button, then restart calibre.

bernie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-05 13-27-14.png
Views:	209
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	163840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-05 13-29-42.png
Views:	114
Size:	825.6 KB
ID:	163841  
Old 05-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #8
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There are two apply buttons. Forst clickk "Apply changes to this tweak then click the main apply button
The first one "apply changes to this tweak" is the one greyed out, even after I make changes.

Luckily I backed up Calibre just a couple of days ago. I'm going to reinstall and see if it remains greyed out - will let you know.

Ah, got it - new computer has a shorter screen, so I didn't scroll down far enough to the first apply before the second apply.

Thanks to you both!

Last edited by peaceridge; 05-05-2018 at 04:09 PM.