Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
khyox
khyox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
series are not displayed in content server

Hi,
I have a linux server running calibre content server
I notice that in the web page series of book are not displayed.

If I access in the /mobile version I can see the series

If I connect with calibre windows gui I can see the series
please see picture in attach
can you please help?
many thanks
Khyox
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no series.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	163834   Click image for larger version

Name:	seriegui.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	163835   Click image for larger version

Name:	mobile.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	163836  
khyox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The fields that are displayed in the book details page are controlled in Preferences->Look & feel->book details make sure series is enabled there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And remember that the setting is per library so check it with the same library as you are viewing in the server open in calibre.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
khyox

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.

my problem is on the server running on ubuntu server 16-04, The content server is running in demonized mode

series are regularly displayed in the window GUI and in the linux server if I connect with the /mobile option.

In the javascript version of the web page of content server, the field series appears but it is blank.
probably there is something to configure on the content server on linux, but I don't know how to do it....

thankyou very much for your help

ciao
khyox
Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The configuration is common to the GUI and the server and it is stored in the database. So open whatever library you are serving with the server using the GUI and check the configuration.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh and you can always click the three dots in the top right corender and ask it to display all fields
Old 05-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
khyox

Sorry but I cannot understand
If the configuration is on the database, why I can see series in gui and mobile version but not in javascript version?

the field name "serie" exists but its value is visualized blank, the strange thing is that I can search by series and it works (so the value exist in databes) , and the content server works fine with the fields, for example for books that are not in a series the field name "serie" is not visualized.

I don't know where I go wrong.

Anyway thank you very much for your help
ciao
Khyox

Last edited by khyox; 05-06-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by khyox View Post
Sorry but I cannot understand
If the configuration is on the database, why I can see series in gui and mobile version but not in javascript version?

the field name "serie" exists but its value is visualized blank, the strange thing is that I can search by series and it works (so the value exist in databes) , and the content server works fine with the fields, for example for books that are not in a series the field name "serie" is not visualized.

I don't know where I go wrong.

Anyway thank you very much for your help
ciao
Khyox
How do you want the server to display the books?
Like this default view:

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-17-55.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	163858
Like this Detailed list
A list with thumbnails and some book details:

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-18-40.png
Views:	100
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	163859
This Custom list
A customizable list (see Preferences->Sharing over the net->Book list template):

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-19-22.png
Views:	115
Size:	434.4 KB
ID:	163860

bernie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-21-22.png
Views:	109
Size:	557.4 KB
ID:	163861  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:43 PM   #9
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To get the Detailed list A list with thumbnails and some book details do the following:
Click the three dots in the upper right corner will be More Actions:

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-31-27.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	163862

Then click:
Book list mode
Change how the list of books is displayed

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-31-52.png
Views:	117
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	163863

Then click:
Detailed list
A list with thumbnails and some book details

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-32-46.png
Views:	133
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	163864

This is my template for This Custom list--I do not remember if it is the default or changed.

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-06 17-41-15.png
Views:	125
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	163865
Code:
<b>{title}</b> by {authors}
{series_index} of <i>{series}</i>|||{rating}
{tags}
Date: {timestamp}|||Published: {pubdate}|||Publisher: {publisher}
bernie
Old 05-06-2018, 09:26 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah I think I understand what you are saying. The Series is being displayed, but as a blank. I suspect that has to do with a bug in the translations. What language are you using for the interface?
Old 05-06-2018, 09:51 PM   #11
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Ah I think I understand what you are saying. The Series is being displayed, but as a blank. I suspect that has to do with a bug in the translations. What language are you using for the interface?
Looks like Italian.

bernie
Old 05-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It is indeed a bug in the translation, will be fixed in the next release.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
khyox

yes language is Italian...

many thanks, I will install the new version.

ciao
khyox
Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
khyox

installed new version....

YESSSS IT WORKS!!!

ciao
Khyox