Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-04-2023, 05:42 AM   #556
conquerli
conquerli began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad Color PB742
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
The android thread and the android install instructions -> https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ndroid-devices
Thank you!
conquerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 05:26 AM   #557
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
I have 2 questions regarding features of KOReader Pocketbook:
I cannot import pdfs from calibre: I use the smart device plugin as driver in calibre, added pdf and epub as additional file extension inside that plugin too. Whenever i want to transfer pdfs, calibre offers the conversion to epub. I am not able to get pdfs. What am i doing wrong?
The options inside KOReader regarding light/light-color (warm/cold light) has some strange effects: On day (lightest part of day on midday) the light still shows 11% and warmth is about 56%. I am missing a setting for warmth like done with light (maybe a new feature?) and it would be great to get light completely disabled during daylight. If i have a cloudy day, i can enable light manually, what doesnt happen very often. But my main thinking is to get a longer use without draining much the battery. Is there a way to get that achieved? Whatever i set in the extended settings for light has bad effects: If i set the light too low when sun rises, the light is too dark to read. If i set it to a reasonable value, during midday the light is much brighter than 11%.
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:40 PM   #558
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorius View Post
I cannot import pdfs from calibre: I use the smart device plugin as driver in calibre, added pdf and epub as additional file extension inside that plugin too. Whenever i want to transfer pdfs, calibre offers the conversion to epub. I am not able to get pdfs. What am i doing wrong?
Last time I talked with calibre devs they told me https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...98&postcount=5.

So we (the client, aka KOReader using the smart device plugin) send a list with the formats we support.

The first format would be the one used by calibre on conversions in case the document you're sending is not already available on any of the other formats on that list.

Both the "preferred format" and the entire list we send can be consulted on "tools" -> "calibre" -> "formats"

So it should work out of the box, with no server configuration needed (unless you want to modify the name of the documents on the reader itself)

I don't know calibre well enough to tell you if your changes in the smart device plugin on the server can explain the behaviour you're seeing. Anyways, I'm interested in repro cases without changes on the server. If you get one please open a new thread, as both the questions and the answers are easier to read there. Here will be buried soon .
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:48 PM   #559
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The options inside KOReader regarding light/light-color (warm/cold light) has some strange effects: On day (lightest part of day on midday) the light still shows 11% and warmth is about 56%. I am missing a setting for warmth like done with light (maybe a new feature?) and it would be great to get light completely disabled during daylight. If i have a cloudy day, i can enable light manually, what doesnt happen very often. But my main thinking is to get a longer use without draining much the battery. Is there a way to get that achieved? Whatever i set in the extended settings for light has bad effects: If i set the light too low when sun rises, the light is too dark to read. If i set it to a reasonable value, during midday the light is much brighter than 11%.
You're talking about a plugin that adapts light level and temperature based on the sun position. I don't use that plugin so I'm not sure how/if it can be tweaked.

Just a reminder that, by default, left vertical swipe changes light levels, right vertical swipe changes light temp and a touch on the left bottom corner toggles lights entirely. I think it is enough for most users, as you can change stuff manually in less than a second.

If you still want to try to automate this please have a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...armth.koplugin

You can tweak the plugin to your liking. Just copy/paste the entire folder with a different name, change its metadata properties (name and full name) and disable the original plugin. After that you can play with the code until you get something that works for you.

Changes on your plugin will be preserved on updates as long as the plugin name doesn't clash with one that we ship by default.
Old 08-17-2023, 07:03 PM   #560
codaryf
codaryf began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Basic Lux 3
Getting stuck in menus

Well the title says it all.
I just started to use koreader with a Pocketbook basic lux 2 and a basic lux 3, both physical button controlled (no touchscreen) and there are some menus (for eg.: frontlight menu, Reading statistics -> Reading progress / Current Book, etc.) where I get stuck and can't close the menu only by holding down both the page turning buttons (exiting from koreader) or turning off the reader.
Am I missing something or is this a problem with some non-touchscreen readers?

Last edited by codaryf; 08-17-2023 at 07:06 PM.
codaryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 01:27 PM   #561
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Probably see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1336123364 in which case it's not supported very well, some of them might be fixable.

For example, for the frontlight widget, maybe this would do the trick.
Code:
diff --git a/frontend/ui/widget/frontlightwidget.lua b/frontend/ui/widget/frontlightwidget.lua
index 80e605192..807455acb 100644
--- a/frontend/ui/widget/frontlightwidget.lua
+++ b/frontend/ui/widget/frontlightwidget.lua
@@ -82,7 +82,8 @@ function FrontLightWidget:init()

-- Input
     if Device:hasKeys() then
-        self.key_events.Close = { { Device.input.group.Back } }
+        local close_keys = Device:hasFewKeys() and { "Back", "Left" } or "Back"
+        self.key_events.Close = { { close_keys }, doc = "close frontlight widget" }
     end
     if Device:isTouchDevice() then
         self.ges_events = {
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 04:11 AM   #562
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
@pazos: I looked into tools/calibre/wireless/formats.
I can only select one of the formats, in my case epub was selected. So if i want to select pdf, epub gets disabled. The corresponding help tells me which formats are supported, which is a lot.
But anyway, whenever i try to import a pdf, calibre wants to convert. So no import of pdfs occur!
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:08 PM   #563
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
@pazos: I looked into tools/calibre/wireless/formats.
I can only select one of the formats, in my case epub was selected. So if i want to select pdf, epub gets disabled. The corresponding help tells me which formats are supported, which is a lot.
But anyway, whenever i try to import a pdf, calibre wants to convert. So no import of pdfs occur!
I said previously:

Quote:
Both the "preferred format" and the entire list we send can be consulted on "tools" -> "calibre" -> "formats"
the checkbox lets you select the "preferred" format (only one). The help shows you the entire list with the "preferred" format as the first element.

The rest of the list is unordered because it doesn't matter.

with no changes on the server (calibre) you should be able to:

send a document that's a pdf as a pdf
send a document that's an epub as an epub
send a document that's both a pdf and a epub as an epub
send any other of the supported documents in their original form.
send any other unsupported documents, which calibre will convert to the first element of the supported list (your preferred one).

On top of that, IIRC, you should be able to send a document that's available in your preferred format and other non-preferred ones in the specific format you like as long as it is supported by us by using calibre facilities to send specific formats to a device.

Feel free to try to reproduce your current issue on a clean calibre install with no changes on the smart device app.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:54 PM   #564
Dakuwaqua
Dakuwaqua began at the beginning.

Device: PB623
Recent versions of KOReader end with a restart error message on startup. I use on Pocketbook 623. Does anyone have the same problem?
Dakuwaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:17 PM   #565
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakuwaqua View Post
Recent versions of KOReader end with a restart error message on startup. I use on Pocketbook 623. Does anyone have the same problem?
Chunk copied from the bug report template on github.
Quote:

KOReader version

Issue
- Steps to reproduce

crash.log
crash.log is a file that is automatically created when KOReader crashes. It can normally be found in the KOReader directory:

/mnt/private/koreader for Cervantes
koreader/ directory for Kindle
.adds/koreader/ directory for Kobo
applications/koreader/ directory for Pocketbook

Please try to include the relevant sections in your issue description.
Old Today, 05:19 AM   #566
Frostbite
Frostbite began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 4
Hello,

I have PocketBook InkPad 4 with the latest firmware. I've installed the latest KOreader but it does not start at all.

Anyone else with same device to confirm it?
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #567
Frostbite
Frostbite began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 4
Sorry, now it is working, opening the file manager...

I guess I need to read the manual on how to proceed.
Frostbite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook