Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Collins, Wilkie: The Law and the Lady. v5, 13 Dec 2007

Although not as well known as some of his other work, Wilkie Collins' "The Law and the Lady" is one of my favourite Victorian novels.
It's an early detective novel, with a gothic romance setting, featuring a newly married wife trying to unravel her husband's dark secret.
It has its weaknesses, but it's an easy read and features some of the most memorable characters in English Victorian literature - notably, the unforgettable Missmerimus Dexter.

I've tried to correct the errors in the current PG version (missing punctuation, unpaired brackets, the odd missing word), I'd be grateful if any further errors were reported - it deserves to be distributed in as good a shape as possible.

[First attempt at an .lrf; hope it's ok.]

[I've tweaked the BD file slightly and Sparrow's version now looks very good on the Sony Reader. --Patricia]
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Law and the Lady.lrf (554.6 KB, 656 views)

Last edited by Patricia; 12-15-2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Another Updated version
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It has a beautiful cover and a nice TOC. But there is only 12 pages of text, which is all centred.
I wonder what went wrong.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oops, I think I chose 'Sony Reader' instead of 'Sony Librie' in Book Designer.

I've just uploded v3, which is much bigger - so hopefully has all the text now.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, that's not it. I press the 'make sony reader book button'.

On reflection, I think that after you press the make sony reader book button, there is a choice between 'make book' and 'make sample' on the bottom of the pane. I think that you accidentally made the sample: hence the small size of the original file.

Your latest version does have all the text but the ToC isn't clickable and there are some strange gaps in the text.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:44 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard

I may accidentally selected the Simple book style option instead of Advanced.
'Simple' produces much larger files.

I've made another attempt, but I notice when the 'formatting pages' messages appear - it doesn't go beyond 1% (but there are no error messages, so maybe that's ok).

I've attached a picture of the settings I'm using (I'm definitely clicking 'Make Book', not 'Test Book').
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LRF Settings.JPG
Views:	606
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	7854  
Advert
Old 12-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #6
Patricia
Reader

That's the librie pane. You need the sony reader pane.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard

Oops, sorry about that.

I've made a new version using the Sony Reader pane.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
Patricia
Reader

The new version is a distinct improvement. It has all the text and a clickable ToC. But the text is all centred throughout.

If you want to post the BD file, I'll try to fix it. But the novel is still readable as it is.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Sparrow
Wizard

Cheers Patricia, I'd like to find out what I'm doing wrong.

But isn't the BD file the file I've already posted?
I could attach the html file, and cover jpeg, if it'd be any help.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Patricia's referring to the ".html0" file that BD creates. It's in the "LastFile" folder within the "Book Designer 4.0" folder. You should always save this file somewhere safe - it lets you carry on working on a book that you've created earlier, create extra output formats from it, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
Sparrow
Wizard

Ok, thanks Harry.

I neglected to keep the LastFile from the earlier version (and I've been playing with the PRC version since) - so I've rerun BD for the Sony Reader and attached the LastFile as a zip.

Attached Files
File Type: zip LastFile.zip (335.7 KB, 507 views)
Old 12-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
Patricia
Reader

Thanks for being so patient, Sparrow. I'm sure that the owners of Sony Readers will be very pleased to have this mystery story. I certainly am.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard

Thank you, Patricia, for volunteering to help find the prob.

Was the LastFile any help? Is there a html issue?
Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #14
Patricia
Reader

I think that the main problem was that 'Contents' was listed as a title (so may have tried to include itself in the list of titles). I just checked that all the titles were correctly formatted as titles, then deleted and remade the ToC.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think that the main problem was that 'Contents' was listed as a title (so may have tried to include itself in the list of titles).
I always have "Contents" as a title. I don't think that's the problem.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote