Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Bookmarks and notes...

My 300 screen died and I purchased a 350 to replace it. Love it. The only thing I notice is that bookmarks seem to be very slow to take effect, as does the process of deleting notes. This may be due to the large # of books I have on the reader, I suppose (I do have 4200 books on it, far in excess of the 1200 capacity it claims)... would this volume of books cause the lag in bookmarking and notes, or is it just the nature of the beast? I love the dictionary functionality and the better screen and everything else about it...and can live with slow bookmarking and note deleting, as these can be (and most often will be) done at the end of a session and the unit will go to stand-by on its own after a period of inactivity once the process is completed.

Thanks for any info
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Exclamation WHAT ?????

4,200 ???

Cor blimey..................

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
OK...solved my own issue here... pared it down to about 800 books and now notes and bookmarks are plenty fast. I just saw that I have over a gig left and wanted to see how far I could push things and added until it was close to full before, without regard to if I would actually read them that much (some were books I had read years ago in paper form but was thinking I might want to refer to for a detail here or there when reading something peripherally related later).....
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote