Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2022, 01:19 AM   #1
apricorn
apricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheeseapricorn can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch Wifi, Kobo Libra 2
Buck, fully-fledged music player w/ Blutooth audio & ID3 tag support; ported to Kobo

If you are also a Kindle owner you might have seen my last post in the Kindle Developer's Corner about Buck on the Kindle Touch. The Kindle Touch's hardware was extremely limiting though.

Thus I got started working on porting the player over to Bluetooth enabled Kobo devices..

Here it is!!

Features, Screenshots, and Install Instructions: https://github.com/Bill13579/buck

It's tested on the Libra 2, but since its based on cross-platform binaries and tools, it should run on all 3 (currently) Bluetooth enabled Kobo devices! Let me know how it goes, it's always nice to hear
apricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
bsammon
bsammon began at the beginning.

Device: asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
What file formats does this support?
I'm taking for granted that it supports MP3, but what about OGG? FLAC? WAV? MOD?
bsammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2023, 08:29 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Since Buck uses mplayer, I would assume that AAC, FLAC, OGG & MP3 are supported. There are other optional formats but they are likely to have been left out for speed and size considerations.

For real fun, consider that the base mplayer is intended as an audio & video player.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 09:37 AM   #4
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
Does it support native alsa, is it not bluetooth specific?

My kobo nia with InkBox supports usb sound cards with a pcb extension board on the back:
https://github.com/Szybet/niAudio/bl...final/notes.md

I wonder if i could make it work with this app

Last edited by Szybet; 12-12-2023 at 09:53 AM.
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:30 PM   #5
bsammon

I got the impression it only used mplayer on the Kindle, but on second look, it's quite unclear.
Advert
Old 12-12-2023, 02:40 PM   #6
bsammon

Okay... downloaded a snapshot of the git, and you were right. It does use mplayer on the Kobo.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammon View Post
I got the impression it only used mplayer on the Kindle, but on second look, it's quite unclear.
Actually, it's perfectly clear. If you download the KoboRoot.tgz file and open it with 7-Zip for instance, you will find in the /mnt/onboard/.buck/bin/ directory, a file called mplayer (actually, the only file in that directory) which is a Linux ELF binary.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #8
bsammon

So, I tried it, uploading one MP3 and one OGG file to my kobo. It played the MP3 and (seemingly) ignored the OGG file.

Tags
libra 2, music