Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
jekki
jekki began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
Convention: name of files?

Hi everybody,
i'd like to add my books from CD's (appr.25GB total) in calibre.
The most of my book files have the format:

"surname, firstname - title.extension"
(e.g.: Hillerman, Tony - The Fly on the Wall (v4) [html].rar)

After scanning, "author" and "title" are in the false column, i.e. author under title and title under author (for *.rar, *.txt etc.... files, NOT for *.pdf, *epub etc....).
If i change the filename (the other way round, i.e. "title - surname, firstname.ext" or even "title - firstname surname.ext") everything will be right.
Is it possible to adjust the name convention in calibre somewhere , that it is compatible with MY file name format?
Best regards
jekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
preferences->adding books
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
jekki
jekki began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
Thank you very much, chief
jekki is offline   Reply With Quote