Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 03:03 AM   #1
Tanyun
Tanyun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE
Can uneven light be fixed using an outside program?

Heya!

Sorry if it sounds dumb, i was wondering if it's possible to fix or at least tone down the uneven lightning in kobo devices using an outside program?
Since Kobo is a much open platform i was wondering if it's actually possible.

Mine is not as bad as some pictures i saw (i think?) but it is still distracting me...
I don't have the green blotches, but both of lower corners are grey-ish.

For anyone interested i attached a picture, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1122.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	953.1 KB
ID:	169887  
Tanyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyun View Post
Heya!

Sorry if it sounds dumb, i was wondering if it's possible to fix or at least tone down the uneven lightning in kobo devices using an outside program?
Since Kobo is a much open platform i was wondering if it's actually possible.
No. It's a physical issue (caused by the light diffuser). There's nothing that software can do. Use the lowest level of illumination at which the screen is clearly readable and you'll minimise the issue.

FWIW, your screen looks entirely normal to me.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-24-2019 at 05:46 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2019, 06:05 AM   #3
Tanyun
Tanyun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No. It's a physical issue (caused by the light diffuser). There's nothing that software can do. Use the lowest level of illumination at which the screen is clearly readable and you'll minimise the issue.

FWIW, your screen looks entirely normal to me.
hmm i see. well as i said i don't think mine is as bad as i saw in other photos since in the pictures they took it was clearly visible, and not so in mine but i also think that my picture don't show it well enough, i outlined the area where mine is affected if it helps, it looks as if the warm light does not affect these areas.

Any tips how to take a picture of this to show it better? i'm curious to know how bad is mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	num.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	169888  
Tanyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:05 AM   #4
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyun View Post
hmm i see. well as i said i don't think mine is as bad as i saw in other photos since in the pictures they took it was clearly visible, and not so in mine but i also think that my picture don't show it well enough, i outlined the area where mine is affected if it helps, it looks as if the warm light does not affect these areas.
Yes, this seems to be the standard demonstration of the problem with Aura Ones. (For the ones that do have a problem, not all do.) Mine has the same issue, discoloured bottom corners, worse on the right than the left.
If you wanted to really highlight the issue, then taking a photo in the dark with the colour turned all the way up to red would do it best. But trying to compare yours with others will always be difficult, as you don't know how the other person took the picture.
Ultimately you have two options, live with it or return it and hope the next one is better.
murraypaul is online now   Reply With Quote