Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #42121
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
My wife and I honeymooned in Paris nearly 27 years ago (definitely not in a 5 star hotel). For our 20th anniversary we decided to go back to Paris and I suggested to my wife they we stay at the same hotel, thinking that this was a beautifully romantic gesture. Her response was a curt, "No. We can afford better than that now!".
I like the cut of her jib. Don't have a romantic bone in my body and I'm with her all the way.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #42122
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by be4morgan View Post
I am trying to figure out how this underground dog fence work after setting it up last Saturday. Can somebody please help me out or I will end up installing a traditional fence?
You bury a wire on your property - "The Fence". A small current is probably run through it. Your dog must wear a collar with a box on it. The box recognizes when the fence is near, and give dog a shock when he gets near the fence.

If dog is tough, he can still run right over the "fence", ignoring the shock. At that point, he gets a shock if he tries to cross the fence again, to get back home. So he now gets shocks for trying to go back home. I decided it wasn't useful, and quit the installation.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #42123
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Finishing up court right now because of all those orders I pre-drafted
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #42124
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I like the cut of her jib. Don't have a romantic bone in my body and I'm with her all the way.
I can't say I disagree. Just as you don't need to spend thousands of $ to have a great special day as long as you are with the right special person. I'm getting married in a couple of months myself. May 11th. To the lady I'm standing next to in my Avatar picture.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #42125
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I can't say I disagree. Just as you don't need to spend thousands of $ to have a great special day as long as you are with the right special person. I'm getting married in a couple of months myself. May 11th. To the lady I'm standing next to in my Avatar picture.
Many congratulations! Paris for the honeymoon?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #42126
binaryhermit
Addict
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
Listening to Purity Ring on headphones whose jack is dying while surfing the web
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:48 PM   #42127
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 600, Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
. Congratulations! And you're right, so long as your fiancée and you are happy, that's all that matters.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 02-13-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #42128
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 600, Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
She's amazing. But she does make it difficult to let her know that's what I think

I hope you have a great time in Paris.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 02-13-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM   #42129
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1st Gen, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 7
> So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Wondering how this PHP based forum software can manage threads with 42k+ posts and over 3 millions views and not stop working. Some of these long running threads have been going on for 6+ years (this one is more than 10 years old!) and I can actually remember when some of them were started.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #42130
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Yesterday my aunt's lawyer ... but now they will first kick up a bit of a fuss with my uncle's lawyer first, as pay back for his lying.
I have to ask, has your legal drama finally been resolved? I think this was the last update you sent on this (at least in this thread.) I hope this is done now (more than 6 months later) and you are finally able to move on without that ⏹⏹⏹⏹⏹⏹ of an uncle pestering you and your family.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:56 AM   #42131
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I have to ask, has your legal drama finally been resolved? I think this was the last update you sent on this (at least in this thread.) I hope this is done now (more than 6 months later) and you are finally able to move on without that ⏹⏹⏹⏹⏹⏹ of an uncle pestering you and your family.
I had planned to write an update today. Yesterday we got word from the court.

So, a quick update on what happened in the past six months. The answer to that is: not much. My uncle decided not to sign the agreement he earlier agreed to, blaming it, falsely, on my aunt. So he got to write a letter to the court (same old lies), we got to react to that letter. At that time we decided to put in a claim for all court costs, for my uncle to repay. Because he keeps frustrating negotiations and driving up the costs. Because the claim was new my uncle got a chance to react in writing again (again, same old lies).

We got a chance to react to it, but decided against it. This thing started five and a half years ago, it's time for decision to be made. My aunt's lawyer wanted to keep him to the agreement. But our lawyer talked her out of it. According to the agreement my uncle basically be bought off and we don't think he deserves the money (never did, not even when the agreement was made, but we agreed to get the whole thing done).

Then the court wanted to know if any of the parties wanted to put in anything else. We didn't, my aunt didn't and, apparently, my uncle didn't either. So then the court had to decide what it wanted to do; another hearing, a ruling, more documents, etc.

Yesterday we heard the court's decision: there's going to be a ruling. On August 13th. And that date doesn't mean there will be ruling by then. We've had it happen that a ruling kept being delayed by 2 to 4 weeks at the time and it took the court half a year to actually rule.

After the ruling there's a 3 month period in which parties can appeal. So I don't expect things to be resolved this year (big sigh).

This has all taken so long because every time someone got to respond they got 4 or 6 weeks to do so, and if they didn't react within that time limit another 4 weeks were automatically added. And my uncle is the type that hands in his letters at the last minute.

So, in truth, not much has happened. But for now we can only wait. It's been a stressful period, but at least until August things will have a chance to quiet down. Also there will be no expensive lawyer's bills coming in. But from August I expect it to be tense again, because I think there will be delays since this court's got a backlog (like most/all courts in the Netherlands).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #42132
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:

<SNIP>

So, in truth, not much has happened. But for now we can only wait. It's been a stressful period, but at least until August things will have a chance to quiet down. Also there will be no expensive lawyer's bills coming in. But from August I expect it to be tense again, because I think there will be delays since this court's got a backlog (like most/all courts in the Netherlands).
All this has led to me to wonder how different your court system is from the one I inhabit. But, then again, your uncle would have brought the cutthroat attorney of my younger days out - I would have wanted to bury him.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #42133
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
All this has led to me to wonder how different your court system is from the one I inhabit. But, then again, your uncle would have brought the cutthroat attorney of my younger days out - I would have wanted to bury him.
That's what we're trying to do for over five years now. Last year we gave in to his demand of €20000 because after five years we were fed up with the whole thing. We did demand that deducted from it was the money he stole from my grandmother (sex dating sites, various insurances, etc) and he would have gotten €7000. He did initially agreed to that but backed out of it on the deadline date.

We could have asked the judge to uphold this agreement but decided against it and instead we added the claim of over €70000 for him to pay us, those are all the costs of five years of court procedures, mediation and other legal costs.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #42134
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Putting daylilies in a pot to swap with my artist friend for some fancy Salvia plants.

Gardeners in action . . .
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #42135
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Quote:
Thank you for the update but I am really sorry to hear that this is still ongoing and will be for another 6+ months.

Awful situation all around.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?