Notices

Old 03-08-2019, 03:36 AM   #1
pavelh
Connoisseur
pavelh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 3
Question Protective film

Hi,
did anybody try to remove a protective film (not the one that comes with the device, but one purchased separately and applied later to protect the touch screen) from the screen yet? I don't have any issues removing film or glass from cell phones, but considering the frame surrounding the touch screen on e-reader and considering how fragile the e-ink screen is, I am not sure it's gonna be easy removing a thin film from there.
Any experiences with this, pls?
Thanks in advance
PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, StoryHD, PW4
I don't have a screen protector on my ebook reader, but for other devices, I've used duct tape to remove them. Basically use duct tape to create a latch on one side of the protector then pull gently until the screenprotector lifts off.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
pavelh
Connoisseur
pavelh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 3
Thanks for replying, frostschutz. Sounds like a pretty good idea. I am also thinking about keeping a corner of the protective film non-adhesive by leaving a piece of the original plastic sheet there. Could be easier to remove that way.
Best regards,
PH
pavelh is offline   Reply With Quote