Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Texas Ranger by James Patterson

I am new to him but Texas Ranger was surprisingly good. Not too long and not too short. I really felt connected to the characters and I do recommend. I hope he makes this a book series for the Texas Ranger guy is a likable character. I also liked The Woman's Murder Club series. I read the first two books so far. I was worried it would be a girly book but it isn't
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am new to him but Texas Ranger was surprisingly good. Not too long and not too short. I really felt connected to the characters and I do recommend. I hope he makes this a book series for the Texas Ranger guy is a likable character. I also liked The Woman's Murder Club series. I read the first two books so far. I was worried it would be a girly book but it isn't
A lot of people don't seem to like James Patterson, but I do. I think his writing is a little rough, but he still tells a good story, which is the most important thing for me. I really like the work he's been doing to get books more relevant to people today, things like his Einstein book that's geared towards kids, to get them interested in Albert Einstein, his annual bookstore employee bonuses that he gives to a bunch of independent bookstore employees (333 this year, I think, I read somewhere), Book Shots, which is aimed at getting people to read more with shorter books in this world of smartphones and easily distracted people.

I haven't read this book yet, I'll have to check it out!

Last edited by kyrilson; 12-26-2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typos
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
A lot of people don't seem to like James Patterson, but I do. I think his writing is a little rough, but he still tells a good story, which is the most important thing for me. I really like the work he's been doing to get books more relevant to people today, things like his Einstein book that's geared towards kids, to get them interested in Albert Einstein, his annual bookstore employee bonuses that he gives to a bunch of independent bookstore employees (333 this year, I think, I read somewhere), Book Shots, which is aimed at getting people to read more with shorter books in this world of smartphones and easily distracted people.

I haven't read this book yet, I'll have to check it out!

I just read Black Book. Great twist ending. He has a way to make you connect and feel for his characters. I am rather new to James Patterson. Just started reading his books last summer. First book I read was Womans Murder Club. I also love John Grisham. I am new to him as well
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I just read Black Book. Great twist ending. He has a way to make you connect and feel for his characters. I am rather new to James Patterson. Just started reading his books last summer. First book I read was Womans Murder Club. I also love John Grisham. I am new to him as well
I finished Texas Ranger a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it! Thanks for the recommendation.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote