Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2022, 05:57 PM   #1
dbuckholtz
dbuckholtz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Email to kindle

I have been emailing books from Calibre to my Kindle for years. It worked last week. Today I get the following error:

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 47, in run
File "calibre\gui2\email.py", line 136, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 162, in sendmail
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 142, in sendmail_direct
OSError: Failed to send mail: SMTPRecipientsRefused({'drb_oasis_2@kindle.com': (550, b'5.7.1 IP address blacklisted by recipient')})

If I manually send the file using the same email address, it works. Unfortunately doing it that way limits the size of the file you can send.

Thanks in advance for any help.
dbuckholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:36 PM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I just got this as well! And there I was thinking the problem was me and being in no mood to try to figure it out
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I believe AWS has big issues.
My (Acurite) weather station reports is also hosted by AWS (Amazon Web Services)
No response all day
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use an email relay. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:51 PM   #5
mellykins
mellykins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
GMX also not working

Firstly, thank goodness its not just me, I have been able to email books to my kindle for years too, and I thought maybe it was the Amazon change to epub that was supposed to happen in August causing the problem.
However, I have since amended all my settings, then amended them back, updated Calibre and finally found this forum.
All good to try the work around with GMX but it currently will not let me create an email, it keeps circling back to the help center. So not sure how to proceed from here.
mellykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2022, 12:17 AM   #6
starls
starls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhile 10
Thumbs up one boat fits all

Can confirm. Got the addressed problem for the first time ever today too.

Thanks @theducks, that's some good speculation. I hope amazon does not enact to only accept mails from spf-credited servers.
starls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:38 AM   #7
dbuckholtz

I tried using GMX. I got the same message. I tried a different network, different email accounts, different computers. Always got the same error.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I used GMX to send to kindle with no problems on 1/1/2022 at 7 p.m esst.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckholtz View Post
I tried using GMX. I got the same message. I tried a different network, different email accounts, different computers. Always got the same error.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:53 AM   #9
SilentTardis
SilentTardis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite signature Edition
also having the same problem, and was using it without problems since 2019
SilentTardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 11:03 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by starls View Post
Can confirm. Got the addressed problem for the first time ever today too.

Thanks @theducks, that's some good speculation. I hope amazon does not enact to only accept mails from spf-credited servers.
Well, my (AWS) speculation was wrong. Something else messed up the needed cookies (there were still 10 according to Firefox), but I blew them away and reconfigured the site. The Red Herring was another local area site that also had Acurite brand was showing off-line at Weather Underground. I Jumped to conclusions

Turns out, a little used device showed my readings just fine, which made me dig way deeper. Still weird that I could not even get to the site front door (where you sign up). They may look for any of their cookies there.
Oh well, it got down to 37.6 last night
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 01:00 PM   #11
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I just sent a ebook using calibre email to kindle via gmx. Ebook was on my kindle within a couple minutes.

Code:
$ calibre-debug -g
calibre 6.7.1  embedded-python: True
Linux-5.15.0-52-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.15.0-52-generic', '#58-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 13 08:03:55 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 15, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 5, 0) && Goodreads (1, 7, 1) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 3) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 0)
QPA platform: xcb
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 92.53889943074003 x 92.67567567567568
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.06] splash screen shown
[0.06] Initializing db...
[0.24] db initialized
[0.24] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo Utilities Configuration - CreateNewCustomColumn is supported
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
qt.gui.imageio: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
qt.gui.imageio: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2022-11-03 12:43:11,561: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(154): macmenuhack file_path:/home/cocadog/.config/calibre/plugins/fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
Key '' for shortcut Book list header menu is already used by Manage categories, ignoring
DEBUG:    0.8 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG:    0.8 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:    0.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:    0.8 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
DEBUG:    0.8 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.8 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
Key '' for shortcut Book list header menu is already used by Manage categories, ignoring
[1.32] main UI initialized...
[1.33] Hiding splash screen
Starting QuickView
[1.64] splash screen hidden
[1.64] Started up in 1.64 seconds with 3519 books
Device using plugboard epub email None
Job: 0 Email Telzey Amberdon to xxxxxx@kindle.com finished
Starting job: Email Telzey Amberdon to xxxxxx@kindle.com 
	connect: to ('mail.gmx.com', 587) None 
	reply: b'220 gmx.net (mrgmx104) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (220); Msg: b'gmx.net (mrgmx104) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready' 
	connect: b'gmx.net (mrgmx104) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready' 
	send: 'ehlo [127.0.1.1]\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-gmx.net Hello [127.0.1.1] [173.16.52.26]\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-8BITMIME\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-SIZE 69920427\r\n' 
	reply: b'250 STARTTLS\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'gmx.net Hello [127.0.1.1] [173.16.52.26]\n8BITMIME\nSIZE 69920427\nSTARTTLS' 
	send: 'STARTTLS\r\n' 
	reply: b'220 OK\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (220); Msg: b'OK' 
	send: 'ehlo [127.0.1.1]\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-gmx.net Hello [127.0.1.1] [173.16.52.26]\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-8BITMIME\r\n' 
	reply: b'250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN\r\n' 
	reply: b'250 SIZE 69920427\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'gmx.net Hello [127.0.1.1] [173.16.52.26]\n8BITMIME\nAUTH LOGIN PLAIN\nSIZE 69920427' 
	send: AUTH <censored> 
	reply: b'235 Authentication succeeded\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (235); Msg: b'Authentication succeeded' 
	send: 'mail FROM:<xxxxxx@gmx.com> size=646022\r\n' 
	reply: b'250 Requested mail action okay, completed\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'Requested mail action okay, completed' 
	send: 'rcpt TO:<xxxxxx@kindle.com>\r\n' 
	reply: b'250 OK\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'OK' 
	send: 'data\r\n' 
	reply: b'354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (354); Msg: b'Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>' 
	data: (354, b'Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>') 
	send: b'From: xxxxxx@gmx.com\r\nTo: xxxxxx@kindle.com\r\nSubject: 6ACwLlrNTTcTTrVscVwCwB\r\nD... 
	reply: b'250 Requested mail action okay, completed: id=1MtwUm-1pBJQJ2Ky4-00uLku\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'Requested mail action okay, completed: id=1MtwUm-1pBJQJ2Ky4-00uLku' 
	data: (250, b'Requested mail action okay, completed: id=1MtwUm-1pBJQJ2Ky4-00uLku') 
	send: 'quit\r\n' 
	reply: b'221 gmx.net Service closing transmission channel\r\n' 
	reply: retcode (221); Msg: b'gmx.net Service closing transmission channel' 
	Email successfully sent
My suggestion based on my experience do not copy paste you kindle email address into calibre type it.

My email setup:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-11-03 12-57-26.png
Views:	1097
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	197509

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentTardis View Post
also having the same problem, and was using it without problems since 2019

Last edited by gbm; 11-03-2022 at 01:09 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 10:09 AM   #12
dbuckholtz

I finally got GMX to work, but as another poster mentioned, I have to close Calibre and restart it between each book I send.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckholtz View Post
I finally got GMX to work, but as another poster mentioned, I have to close Calibre and restart it between each book I send.
No, you dont. Read the first note under https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:34 AM   #14
MalcolmClan
MalcolmClan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen
Send to kindle from Calibre not working

I have been using Calibre for years sending to Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and now receiving this error, have tried connecting my GMX mailbox but also not working. Anyone had any success yet? I send to about 10 people at a time, so attaching the epub and emailing each person individually will take forever.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 16.10.52.png
Views:	218
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	197521  
MalcolmClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 12:55 PM   #15
FacetiousKnave
Unconscionable
FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.FacetiousKnave can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Today a new update was released.
FacetiousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote