Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 06:40 AM   #1
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
OTA update for Ares - Alita with error

For Ares Update 3.0.4 works.
Alita 3.0.2 shows system update error.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
Merithyn
Nameless Being

I updated my Alita to 3.0.2 today. Worked fine.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
squiresque
Enthusiast
squiresque began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars, Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post
I've attempted the update of my Alita (from current version 3.01-2020102114) over five times.

Each time the update fails with the progress bar at about 20-25 percent advanced, showing the message "error!" labeling an android on its back with its chestplate open.

After restart, the system invites me to delete the downloaded and failed update in order to avoid further error messages.
squiresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merithyn View Post
What was the original Android version of your Alita?
Did you buy with Android 6 or Android 8.1?
Have you updated from Android 6 to Android 8.1?

My update aborts after about 25% system update with an error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque
Each time the update fails with the progress bar at about 20-25 percent advanced, showing the message "error!" labeling an android on its back with its chestplate open.

After restart, the system invites me to delete the downloaded and failed update in order to avoid further error messages.
It is the same with me

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-23-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:00 PM   #5
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
What was the original Android version of your Alita?
Did you buy with Android 6 or Android 8.1?
Have you updated from Android 6 to Android 8.1?

My update aborts after about 25% system update with an error.It is the same with me
Originally Android 6, subsequently updated to Android 8.1, and then OTA updated to 3.01-2020102114.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:31 PM   #6
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiresque View Post
I've attempted the update of my Alita (from current version 3.01-2020102114) over five times.

sounds like a download server problem.
i had exactly the same 25% ERROR problem with my likebook mars update.
So i went to <https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/?ref=page_internal>
and ASked BoyueLikebook for help. that's what I did.they quickly rectified the download problem.the successful update was a much larger file size then the previous faulty one.
make sure you state your model name,model ID and the last successful update version that you installed.
to see my experience with my very similar problem look at = <https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/2931087277121854>
try delete the downloaded and failed update
then recheck wifi update for new update.
E.G. Please help to try:
1. Disconnect WIFI
2. Delete update package which you downloaded from the file manager
3. Connect with WIFI to update via OTA again.

Last edited by raygj; 01-23-2021 at 08:53 PM.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:05 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Android 6, subsequently updated to Android 8.1, and then OTA updated to 3.01-2020102114.
Update to Android 8.1 was with K103 Android 8.1 V3.0.1-FW-20201022.zip, but I wanted to ask Merithyn

Edit: I solved the problem by performing the update to Android 8.1 again.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-24-2021 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:41 PM   #8
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
Update to Android 8.1 was with K103 Android 8.1 V3.0.1-FW-20201022.zip, but I wanted to ask Merithyn

Edit: I solved the problem by performing the update to Android 8.1 again.
How do you update to 8.1 if you already have 8.1? Did you downgrade to Android 6 first?

Did re-performing the 8.1 firmware update include a factory reset, i.e. the entire original rooting procedure?
Thank you.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:05 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
How do you update to 8.1 if you already have 8.1? Did you downgrade to Android 6 first?
I followed this description.
This is a complete reinstallation of the system.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:29 AM   #10
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Sorry, late with my answer but yes I had android 6 and updated it to 8.1 as soon as it was available and then ran OTA updates regulary within day they became available. There were a few I think. Don't know actual versions I hopped from but should be sequential.

Last edited by Merithyn; 01-25-2021 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:25 PM   #11
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
I followed this description.
This is a complete reinstallation of the system.
Thank you.

I provided Boyue with my SN and FW version, and they promptly created an 800 MB+ update that successfully OTA updated my Alita, without the need to reinstall my system.

So far it seems they also resolved my garbled screen issue. Testing continues apace!
Old 01-26-2021, 06:41 AM   #12
squiresque
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you.

I provided Boyue with my SN and FW version, and they promptly created an 800 MB+ update that successfully OTA updated my Alita, without the need to reinstall my system.

So far it seems they also resolved my garbled screen issue. Testing continues apace!
Hope springs eternal, until it doesn't. The garbled screen issue persists in 3.02.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_063007 Another Garbled Page in 3-02 Update.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	184978   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210126_055347 Garbled Page still in 3-02 Update.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	184979