Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 11:23 AM   #1831
kleber
kleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timekleber possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Yes--see the -ac option in the command-line usage page. Something like this:

k2pdfopt -mode tm -ac myfile.pdf

The autocrop (-ac) option can give mixed results. You'll have to see if it works for you. If the page contents are in a consistent location page to page, you can also assign a manual crop box using the section of the gui shown in the attachment.
Thanks!
kleber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:48 AM   #1832
rafiqcmnet
rafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Reflowing Document Containing English and Arabic Texts

Hi,

I have documents that contain English (main text) with some Arabic texts as references. When I reflow the document, the English text poses no problem, but the Arabic text get messed up (the L-R/R-L) issue.

Is there any way that I can tell the application to ignore the Arabic text?

Thank you

An extract from the info:

Fonts (90):
1 (38 0 R): Type3 '' (51 0 R)
1 (38 0 R): Type0 'ALDLSN+KFGQPCUthmanicScriptHAFS_gt' (52 0 R)
1 (38 0 R): Type3 '' (53 0 R)
1 (38 0 R): Type3 '' (54 0 R)
1 (38 0 R): Type3 '' (55 0 R)
2 (108 0 R): Type3 '' (113 0 R)
2 (108 0 R): Type0 'ALDLSN+KFGQPCUthmanicScriptHAFS_gt' (114 0 R)
2 (108 0 R): Type3 '' (115 0 R)
3 (28 0 R): Type3 '' (182 0 R)
3 (28 0 R): Type0 'ALDLSN+KFGQPCUthmanicScriptHAFS_gt' (183 0 R)
rafiqcmnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #1833
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiqcmnet View Post
I have documents that contain English (main text) with some Arabic texts as references. When I reflow the document, the English text poses no problem, but the Arabic text get messed up (the L-R/R-L) issue.

Is there any way that I can tell the application to ignore the Arabic text?
Can you post the document or a sample of the document? Or PM it to me?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #1834
rafiqcmnet
rafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timerafiqcmnet possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Quote:
Can you post the document or a sample of the document? Or PM it to me?
Hi Willus, the system may not allow PM feature.

Below is the link to a extracted page for your kind perusal.

I really appreciate your kind support. I am a translator.

Kind regards

================

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo0iae1u9k...us%29.pdf?dl=0
Old 12-28-2020, 11:11 PM   #1835
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are two ways to go about this--one would be to look for Arabic character unicodes in the document and ignore them upon request, and the other would be to let the user specify fonts to ignore. Both will require mods to k2pdfopt. I will look into it, but it won't happen right away.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:23 AM   #1836
rafiqcmnet

Quote:
I will look into it, but it won't happen right away.
I understand.

Thank you
Old 01-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #1837
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

I've posted a binary for k2pdfopt supporting Apple's new M1 ARM-64 Macs. See the "Latest News" on my home page. The M1 CPU performs very impressively--twice as fast as a core i9-9900 single-threaded.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:30 PM   #1838
tina2021
tina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: none
How can I split the booklet every pay into two pages, a top and bottom half, and reorder them, then rotate half the total pages while the remain pages stay the same?
Please see the booklet in the link, there are 8 pages with 1 page blank. After splitting, it will become 14 pages. How can I keep the pages orders in -p 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,13,11,9,7,5,3,1 and rotate page 8-14 pages 180 degree, and keep the 1-7 pages original direction at the same time? It is possible to do that in 1 or at most 2 steps?
Ps (the normal windows computer screen)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n7ojepzrl...es%20.pdf?dl=0
I really appreciate your kind support.
tina2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:39 PM   #1839
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

You cannot quite do this operation with only k2pdfopt since it cannot rotate specific pages. You'll also need a utility like qpdf which can merge two pdfs together. If you have qpdf, here would be the commands to run:
Code:
k2pdfopt -grid 1x2x0 -mode crop booklet.pdf -o split.pdf
k2pdfopt -p 2-e split.pdf -mode copy -n -o booklet1.pdf
k2pdfopt -p 999-1o split.pdf -mode copy -n -rt 180 -o booklet2.pdf
qpdf --pages booklet1.pdf booklet2.pdf -- --empty booklet_final.pdf
The first command splits each page into two. The second command copies only the even pages to a new file. The third command copies only the odd pages into a different new file in reverse order and rotates them. The final (qpdf) command joins the results from the previous two commands.

Last edited by willus; 01-25-2021 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:35 AM   #1840
tina2021
tina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timetina2021 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

So glad to get the reply, thanks a lot.
I see every step with new file name, such as split.pdf. Suppose the file name is A, can we rename the file name like A.split.pdf in the first step (use the original nae as prefix before split ) instead of A_k2opt.pdf, in the second step fine name will be A.booklet1.pdf instead of A_k2opt_k2opt.pdf.
It is not a big issue, long file name is fine for me, just curious to see any solution or not, because I have 50 similar files to run, if all named split.pdf, I can not tell one from another file.

Thanks again and best wishes for your family.
tina2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #1841
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Are you running linux or windows? FYI, with k2pdfopt, you can use %s for the filename minus the extension with the -o option, e.g.

k2pdfopt -grid 1x2x0 -mode crop booklet.pdf -o %s_split.pdf

The output will be booklet_split.pdf. I don't think qpdf has a similar option.
But you really don't need the intermediate files (split.pdf, booklet1.pdf, booklet2.pdf), do you? You just need the final file. You can delete the intermediate files after the final qpdf command. If you don't need the intermediate files, then this Windows batch command should work if you pass it the name of the pdf file without the pdf extension:

Code:
k2pdfopt -grid 1x2x0 -mode crop %1.pdf -o split.pdf
k2pdfopt -p 2-e split.pdf -mode copy -n -o booklet1.pdf
k2pdfopt -p 999-1o split.pdf -mode copy -n -rt 180 -o booklet2.pdf
qpdf --pages booklet1.pdf booklet2.pdf -- --empty %1_final.pdf
del /q split.pdf booklet1.pdf booklet2.pdf
E.g. if you call that file convert.bat, and want to convert booklet.pdf to booklet_final.pdf, then you would run:

convert booklet

The same works in Linux, but replace the %1 with a $1 and the "del /q" with "rm -f"

Thank you for the well wishes. Stay safe.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:48 PM   #1842
LyrasDeamon
LyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeLyrasDeamon possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

This app looks amazing! If I can get this working you will literally be saving me the cost of an ipad lmao! I'm trying to get it to work on my 2013 Macbook Air and whenever I type in the command chmod 755 k2pdfopt I get the response: chmod: Unable to change file mode on k2pdfopt: Operation not permitted

I've tried to manually change the permissions using the finder but can't get past this point, how can I fix this? Thanks again, I'm so amazed this has been made!
LyrasDeamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #1843
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrasDeamon View Post
This app looks amazing! If I can get this working you will literally be saving me the cost of an ipad lmao! I'm trying to get it to work on my 2013 Macbook Air and whenever I type in the command chmod 755 k2pdfopt I get the response: chmod: Unable to change file mode on k2pdfopt: Operation not permitted

I've tried to manually change the permissions using the finder but can't get past this point, how can I fix this? Thanks again, I'm so amazed this has been made!
Try using sudo:
sudo chmod 755 k2pdfopt
It will ask you for your password. Just put in you account password.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:41 AM   #1844
ViTALiTY34
ViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeViTALiTY34 possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle PW4
This app is a lifesaver, thank you very much.
ViTALiTY34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #1845
tomas94
tomas94 began at the beginning.

Hello everyone! I am in search of an E-Reader. The discovery of this wonderful app completely changed my perspective on these devices. Now, I am thinking of getting a 10th generation Amazon Kindle, does anyone know if the app works for that generation? It made me doubt the fact that the app lists "Kindle 1-5". Thank you very much!
tomas94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools