Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #24856
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Long day at work ... dreaming of a cold Guinness at home .... waiting for me ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #24857
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Must be something in the air... Until this afternoon, I hadn't had any ice cream in the past 6 months. But today I just had this craving for Oreo Mint ice cream from Baskin & Robbins, and as long as I was passing by...

Now... unbranded Keemun tea as my after-dinner treat!

Stitchawl
I know what you mean. I had to go out to buy some for the freezer, since I know that I will finish the carton and then the craving just goes away for a very long time. Oreo Mint use to be my son's favorite one for the B&R ice cream birthday cakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, and you know, I took your advice on this one.
A couple of friends tell me that a bit Talisker is always right, no matter what time of day.

Making a fresh cup of coffee and trying to decide what to add to my snack plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #24858
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
A couple of friends tell me that a bit Talisker is always right, no matter what time of day.
Well, before a meeting with your boss at work might not be a great idea But otherwise, yes.

Cool evening here so have a glass of red wine, a Cotes de Bordeaux. It's OK.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #24859
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
In my cup: fresh mint tea.......that is: fresh mint leaves with hot water
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #24860
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
A bit of any single malt is always right - it respects no time line!

Laphroaig tonight methinks ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #24861
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Meeting in smokey places
Hiding in shadowy corners
Dancing where no one knows our faces
Sharing love stolen in the night
In smokey places

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqH4_Y9juc )

I'm so glad that laws are changing... An hour in the shower didn't get the stink out of my hair!

Good morning, all! Some friends took me out for dinner and drinks last night, and true to traditional Japanese restaurants, smoking was the norm... (Larger, more modern places have 'Smoking Sections,' or No Smoking at all.) You often see people with their chopsticks in one hand and a cigarette in the other! The only tea I could even smell this morning would be Lapsang Souchong, so that was my choice, but the smell is so much nicer!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #24862
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Meeting in smokey places
Hiding in shadowy corners
Dancing where no one knows our faces
Sharing love stolen in the night
In smokey places

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqH4_Y9juc )

I'm so glad that laws are changing... An hour in the shower didn't get the stink out of my hair!

Good morning, all! Some friends took me out for dinner and drinks last night, and true to traditional Japanese restaurants, smoking was the norm... (Larger, more modern places have 'Smoking Sections,' or No Smoking at all.) You often see people with their chopsticks in one hand and a cigarette in the other! The only tea I could even smell this morning would be Lapsang Souchong, so that was my choice, but the smell is so much nicer!

Stitchawl
Having worked at a Japanese managed company for 10 years, I know what you mean. Even in California where the smoking laws were strict, the level of smoking was astonishing. Of all the managers and co-workers I had, I only knew one who was a non-smoker.

A glass of La Frenz Chardonnay with some local halibut and jasmine rice.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #24863
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Having worked at a Japanese managed company for 10 years, I know what you mean. Even in California where the smoking laws were strict, the level of smoking was astonishing. Of all the managers and co-workers I had, I only knew one who was a non-smoker.
Fortunately, things are changing quickly here. There are now even entire streets where smoking is prohibited... many of the more crowded downtown areas. They have set up little off-street smoking areas for people. All of the fast-food places, shopping malls, public buildings, etc. are now non-smoking, and most larger restaurants have sectioned-off areas.
If only smokers realized just how badly they smell... As a smoker for 43 years, I am constantly embarrassed when I think back to all the non-smoking friends whose homes I stunk up repeatedly! And never even knew it. Now, almost 15 years without a cigarette, even standing next to a person on a crowded train or bus who's been smoking makes me cringe. Frankly, it amazes me that girls actually were willing to kiss me. I must be really, really handsome.

Stitchawl
Old 05-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #24864
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
In my cup: fresh mint tea.......that is: fresh mint leaves with hot water
When I was a little girl, we had lemon grass and mint growing by the kitchen and would always make tea with them.

Fresh coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #24865
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coca-Cola. A treat before getting out to cut the hedge (yes, another one).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 AM   #24866
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Must be something in the air... Until this afternoon, I hadn't had any ice cream in the past 6 months. But today I just had this craving for Oreo Mint ice cream from Baskin & Robbins, and as long as I was passing by...
Not tried that, but Cadburys are now making a Dairy Milk slab of chocolate with Oreo inside. It is my Achilles heel .

Rooibos in cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:30 AM   #24867
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not tried that, but Cadburys are now making a Dairy Milk slab of chocolate with Oreo inside. It is my Achilles heel .
I could see it becoming heel, calf, and thigh... Cadubrys makes some really good chocolate! Is Ben & Jerry's big in the UK? I remember 'them' (the guys, not just the shop) from when they first started up in a small corner shop in Burlington, Vermont. By the time my son was old enough for an after-school job, he worked as a 'scooper' in one of their many outlets in Vermont. They still were only in Vermont at that time. Now they can even be found here in Japan. One of the perks of working there (besides the higher salaries they paid,) was that he could take home a pint of anything every day for free. Thank God he was living with his mother during the week or I'd have blimped out quickly!

Now it's break time... Been banding boxes today and moving them into the front room. But a big mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea is might reviving! I'm almost ready to go back to work. Almost...

Stitchawl
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #24868
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is Ben & Jerry's big in the UK?
Yes they are. The nearest "scoop" shop, inside a Cinema - as are most of the B&J's near us - is 5 miles from our house, but mostly we buy tubs from the supermarket (cookie dough ice cream is another weakness of mine). I will be on the lookout for the Oreo version now.

Black coffee will have to suffice for the time being.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #24869
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yes they are. The nearest "scoop" shop, inside a Cinema - as are most of the B&J's near us - is 5 miles from our house, but mostly we buy tubs from the supermarket (cookie dough ice cream is another weakness of mine). I will be on the lookout for the Oreo version now.

Black coffee will have to suffice for the time being.
The Mint Oreo that I had the other day was from Baskin&Robbins. The only Ben and Jerry's sold in Japan is in supermarkets. But in the US scoop shops, you can also purchase B&J 'seconds.' These are pints that didn't meet quality control due to OVER-inclusion of the various bits and pieces; i.e. too many chocolate chunks, too much fudge, or too many almonds, etc., etc., and these 'seconds sell for half the price of regular pints.

But tis night time now, and as I really don't think I should try to ship a half-empty bottle of rum, I guess I'd better drink a glass!

Stitchawl
Old 05-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #24870
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
The Mint Oreo that I had the other day was from Baskin&Robbins.
That would explain why I can't find the Oreo flavour on the Ben & Jerry's website then! Ah well, back to the Cadbury chocolate.

I used to work in the ex-Cadbury datacentre, and we still had access to the staff shop, where all manner of chocolate goodies could be acquired for a fraction of the list price. Those were the days...

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?