Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
r728626
r728626 began at the beginning.

Device: pdf windows 7
pdf preserved format tables, images, text...

I've already tried everything, from the 0 margin, disable font scaling, preserve cover aspect ratio, 0% line height, 0 insert between paragraphs, 0 unwrapping.

I want a simple conversion pdf-to-pdf but calibre changes everything in the page. I want 100% original.
r728626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@r728626 - if you don't want a pdf-to-pdf conversion to change anything then why convert?

That said, try using one of the so-called virtual pdf print drivers - I'd normally use the one one built into my normal PDF handler - PDF XChange, I've also use the one from BullZip.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by r728626 View Post
I've already tried everything, from the 0 margin, disable font scaling, preserve cover aspect ratio, 0% line height, 0 insert between paragraphs, 0 unwrapping.

I want a simple conversion pdf-to-pdf but calibre changes everything in the page. I want 100% original.
Not sure why you want to convert PDF to PDF, but I when I need to do that, I use AZWSoft PDF software that works great. It's the top entry at Google when you search for AZWSoft PDF, which only does one thing (removes DRM), changes nothing else, and is very fast.

Last edited by deback; 10-26-2017 at 10:36 AM.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by r728626 View Post
I'm obviously missing something, if you want the PDF to be 100% original then simply copy it. If your original "PDF" is actually a AZW4 file then simply use the Kindle Unpack plugin to switch it to PDF.

If neither of the above applies then we need more details about what you're trying to accomplish.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote