Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #16
melkorbauglir
Connoisseur
melkorbauglir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650,LG G7 ThinQ,Samsung S5 Active,Pocketbook InkPad 3
Punkt 1:I knew.

Punkt 2:PRS+ supports it only for older models?E.book models or firmware models?What about PRS-650 with 1.05n+PRS+ 2.012beta?I bat installed 1.05n and copied folder from PRS+2.012beta over to root,as was said in russian forum for 2.011beta.

Punkt 3:I knew

Punkt 4:I prefer Calibre.Ilove dl metadata option.

Punkt 5:I use default keys,havent touched customization (yet).

Going to only use epub format (covers,styles ect suits me best).Do i benefit from win 1251 encoder in epub at all?

After all..i got reader for week only,and playing with it couple last days only.

By look of borodas screenshots-it has main screen clock-mine has not.I change userstyles from PRS+ location-database/system/PRSPlus/epub.Seems reader doesnot look for borodas folders-/epub,aka PRS+ overwrites it.

Summa summarum...do i benefit from borodas hack at all?I only needed (maybe)win 1251.I do read books both in russian and english....I am aware-i need extended font to properly display cyrillic .Excerpt from russian forum :Какие возможности останутся от исходной прошивки (boroda/amutin): фонты (extended font,covers cyrillic,shows my books right,instead ?????), епаб кастомизация (у ПРС+ она по сути такая же, но в другой папке), поддержка win1251 .WIN 1251 and epubs in cyrillic.Do i might need it?

Last edited by melkorbauglir; 07-29-2011 at 05:02 AM.
melkorbauglir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkorbauglir View Post
Going to only use epub format (covers,styles ect suits me best).Do i benefit from win 1251 encoder in epub at all?
By definition every epub is in UTF-8 format.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #18
melkorbauglir
Connoisseur

I guess most english books convert fine in Calibre,and for russian ones i need open html file in Firefox,and check,what encodings they use.Btw..found my taskbar clock too.Seems i turned it on for only in reading mode.By look of it,MS Office Word is quite good for recognizing txt,rtf,doc encodings.

Sidenote...found some unused fast 4 gigs sd card .My camcorder card it was sold with (aka too small for full hd camcorder per se,replaced instore asap).Formatted it and inserted.DO PRS-650 fit simultaneously both SD and MStick slot cards?I dont have MS card home to try out.

Last edited by melkorbauglir; 07-29-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #19
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Yes, both slots work together... I've frequently had both MS & SDHC cards installed together...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
melkorbauglir
Connoisseur

That would make 64 gigs storage viable.Was 32 gb per card max,PRS-650 recognizes?(I have about 60 gigs of unsorted stuff)
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #21
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Haven't yet tried 32GB... 16GBs certainly work so 32GB should also, they are both SDHC cards...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote