Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #16
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Boox-Note on it's way to the U.K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
When you get the Boox Note, I'd be very interested in your impressions, and information on the battery life when used to read ebooks and PDFs.
Yes of course, as soon as I get it I'll have a general 'look-over it' to familiarize myself with it then see how it performs.
I've a need for it to be able to be used for note-taking (including basic diagrams & sketches of plant-parts) and for PDF reading and annotation. I'm not expecting miracles and I certainly don't need it for 'real-time' note-taking as when attending a lecture or meeting, but for note taking during study and perhaps even 'in the field' - literally in my case as my passion is for Botany and plant anatomy.

I must say that I'm looking forward to having a device such as the Note that I can use outside and still see the screen....
The ability also (whilst outside) to be able to use it for mostly technical web-article searching is also a great attraction - that really would be the 'icing on the cake' for me - again I don't need it to go beyond the basics for this, my laptop is more than able to handle the serious-stuff!

Fingers crossed; every new device I've ever bought has had a share of good and not-so-good points, hopefully this won't have any 'return to seller' shortcomings - haven't read of any thus far online though.

The only tiny question forming in the back of my mind is whether it'll be big enough, or should I have opted for the 'max2' model? I read that quite a few have found the 13" model/s to be a little large and unwieldy though....

I'll let the forum know as soon as it arrives - probably make a few basic videos too if I get a chance.

John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #17
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Smile Note on Wednesday...

Hi all - just had message that my Boox-Note should be delivered this Wednesday, fingers still crossed....

John.
Advert
Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #18
charliebub
Connoisseur

Note with or without cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Originally, when one placed an order for the Note at the ereader.store, it came with the case/cover. However, I believe the case/cover is now being sold separately.

If your Note doesn't come with the case/cover, I would highly recommend getting one. Not only does it provide some protection for the device when carrying it about, but it also has a loop to keep the stylus from getting lost. It's a very slim well made case/cover which is well worth the money.
Aha - it seems I've ordered mine with the cover thankfully - hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to giving it a try and making a quick review of it.

John B.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #19
RAW
RAW began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
So how is it? Is boox note usefullness is as you expected? Care to give your impression about it? Please... :-D
RAW is offline   Reply With Quote