Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Arrow All the enTourage BUILDS / firmwares

(IN PROGRESS)

This post would like to become a resume of all the original and non original firmwares for both Edge and Pocket. Could you help me correcting and filling it? When the work will be finished Obsessed could include it inside his Resources post

OFFICIAL:

Edge:
  1. Badger (0.24 > ?)
  2. Coyote (0.6 > 1.0)

Firmware (Android) 1.6
    Kernel 2.6.29
    Latest stable build: 1.0
  3. Dingo

Firmware (Android) 1.6
    Kernel 2.6.29
    latest stable build: 1.11 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=DINGO+1.11)
  4. Ermine beta

Firmware (Android) 2.2.1
    Kernel 2.6.34
    Build ERMINE-0.9

Pocket (edgejr):
  1. Dingo

Firmware (Android) 1.6
    Kernel 2.6.29
    Latest stable build: DINGO-1.13 (is "1.6" another name for the 1.13, which has been released only for the Pocket in jan 2011?
    https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=137556&page=3
    http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...137573&page=10)
  2. Ermine beta

Firmware: (Android) 2.2.1
    Kernel: 2.6.34 buildmaster@zeke #1
    Build: ERMINE-0.9

NON OFFICIAL:

edge:

Allmine Universal https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174641

Pocket:

Golden Allmine https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159872

TIMELINE
Badger:
feb 2010

Coyote:
0.6 may 2010
1.0 jun 2010

Dingo:
1.0 august 2010
1.01 sept 2010
1.06 oct 2010
1.10 nov 2010
1.11 dec 2010
1.13 jan 2011 (only Pocket)

Ermine beta: march 2011

NOTES:
Sorry for errors
Still have some doubts about Dingo releases
There have been some mistakes in naming Dingo releases, since the 1.06 has been wrongly called 1.6:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=137198&page=3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137192

Last edited by lorenzoens; 05-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I think you did a good job on this and appreciate the effort you put forth. I think you are 100% on with the Dingo releases and hopefully this clears up your doubts about that:

Open the attached PDF, it is the procedure for downgrading from Ermine to Dingo. It tells you to download either the EE or PE golden.update.zip and in the last steps says your device will now be running the LATEST Dingo build. Also note that the instructions specifically tell you that this is not an upgrade or downgrade but a complete reformat.

OK, so how come so many different files. Here's what I think:

The golden.update.zip will install either Dingo 1.11 on the full size Edge and Dingo 1.13 on the Pocket Edge. It is the complete OS and will wipe your Edge clean.

The update.zip file is exactly that, and is available for those owners who happen to get an Edge with an older Dingo version installed.

If my EE comes with Dingo 1.0 (the first Dingo release) the update.zip will bring that up to Dingo 1.11 without having to install the entire OS and without loss of data and personal settings

If my Pocket Edge comes with Dingo 1.11 the update.zip will bring that up to Dingo 1.13 without having to install the entire OS and without loss of data and personal settings.

Entourage shipped these units at various times and the exact OS at the time of shipment may not have always been the most recent update. Case in point with the owners who had Coyote installed. The same applies for Dingo. Some versions of the EE and the PE shipped with older versions of Dingo and the update.zip just brings those up to the latest build without having to install the entire OS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revert from Ermine (Froyo) back to Dingo.pdf (24.2 KB, 474 views)

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah,
I think your interpretation is correct. I cannot try it right now, but your explanation would clarify everything.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-25-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not to muddy the waters but, check out post # 12 of this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...update+problem
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
lorenzoens
ex se ens

:-)
Ouch.
But I find no surprise in this, because I am quite sure I could read "Build: 1.6" in my fiancees Pocket Edge before I upgraded it to Ermine. This is why I felt the urge to do a research thru MR and archives.

I accept these as errors, human or from the machine. At present, basing on the info I could reach, I'm certain that there's no official release for the latest stable Dingo other than 1.11 / 1.13

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
:-)
Ouch.
But I find no surprise in this, because I am quite sure I could read "Build: 1.6" in my fiancees Pocket Edge before I upgraded it to Ermine. This is why I felt the urge to did a research thru MR and archives.

I accept these as errors, human or from the machine. At present, basing on the info I could reach, I'm certain that there's no official release for the latest stable Dingo other than 1.11 / 1.13

I think you are right. It would be nice to know what the final build number is. I think at one point I saw 1.6 somewhere too somewhere, but when I was trying to help eemad with his/her issue with an EE I stumbled across this.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
missed pablo rc3. the memory is repartition with a lot of space for apps
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Sorry I didn't follow Allmine depelopment so I am not informed on it.

In the list I linked to Allmine with pablo's RC3, I thought it was not separated from Allmine anymore
Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Bax-shop.nl (Holland) recently cleared his stocks of (big) edge, with a further cut on the price (200 euros) which led some italian users to buy one.*

A user just reported troubles in his first attempt at upgrading it (but he may have made some mistake), and he has Badger on it!

edge-eng 0.24 badger eng.buildmaster.20100413.101908 test-keys

Wow. Do you people think he can proceed with the Golden? I think yes but your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
I bought an EE from bax-shop, didn't take a good look at it, just saw 1.6, went on upgrading to Ermine. Thanks to that got into troubles with my library.
So I installed golden dingo, than ermine again which solved the problem.
That is the way to go with the EE's from the bax-shop,I mean first dingo and than Ermine.
Those have an old dingo on or maybe something older.
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
My EE came with Badger, too. I think I went straight to Ermine, but I don't remember now. Can't hurt to follow Areka's advice!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areka View Post
I bought an EE from bax-shop, didn't take a good look at it, just saw 1.6, went on upgrading to Ermine. Thanks to that got into troubles with my library.
So I installed golden dingo, than ermine again which solved the problem.
That is the way to go with the EE's from the bax-shop,I mean first dingo and than Ermine.
Those have an old dingo on or maybe something older.
Please notice that "1.6" has nothing to do with edge's releases, it's about the Android version. The releases are listed above.

As you can see Badger was the first to go out, between it and "Dingo" there is "Coyote". That's why I'm asking. but since the Golden is a complete system overwrite, I think it's possible to use it even from Badger.

@ Filark - I think it's not possible to go from Badger straight to Ermine, as it is a normal update from the previous release
Old 05-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #13
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Please notice that "1.6" has nothing to do with edge's releases, it's about the Android version. The releases are listed above.

As you can see Badger was the first to go out, between it and "Dingo" there is "Coyote". That's why I'm asking. but since the Golden is a complete system overwrite, I think it's possible to use it even from Badger.

@ Filark - I think it's not possible to go from Badger straight to Ermine, as it is a normal update from the previous release
Indeed, what I meant with not taking a good look at my EE was, that I looked at the Android version only and that was a mistake. I must have had Badger on it. The ereader side was behaving like you see on the first videos about the EE on you tube. Annotations etc.
All i'm saying is that the golden dingo update saved my ass.
Sorry for the vulgarity!
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badger, build, coyote, ermine, firmware