Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #16
FauDrei
FauDrei began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
...The key issue is that calibre is not a file system centric application, it's a database centric application...
...and that is really the essence of what I've found in last few days of my Kobo+Calibre experiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
...About the only advantage might be automatically syncing the structures without starting calibre...
Something quite similar: I was about to script my reports on device vs. PC library discrepancies with semi-automatic sync option, but... The final nail in the coffin of my idea was when I tried to transfer my Calibre library to another computer and new IDs started to appear...

Guess I'll have to learn more on Calibre and it's Kobo driver and diacritic usage and e-books with same name and author but different languages and... well, you get the idea.

Thanks again for steering me off the wrong direction.
FauDrei is offline   Reply With Quote