Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Filling in gaps in a PDF scan

This is just a small tip, but I'm finding it very helpful just now.

I'm converting a public domain PDF to text and am coming across some gaps where there is a word or two missing.

I'm using the only complete PDF file I could find for this book, so I was trying to figure out where I could check for the words that were missing.
It turns out that you can search Google books for a phrase near the gap, the search results will return a text snippet from Google books that ordinarily are 'Snippet view' or 'No preview available'.
The text displayed in the search results contains the missing words from the PDF I'm using.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote