Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
bcolflesh
bcolflesh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Command Line Interface TOC

Is there an option to specify a TOC file from the command line interface? If so, what is the format for the input file?

If the above is not an option, what is a simple method for correctly creating a valid TOC when using 'ebook-convert' from the command line - bearing in mind that I can dynamically format the input file however I like.

Examples welcome.
bcolflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
to see the options for ebook-convert, from a command line type:
Code:
ebook-convert foo.mobi bar.mobi --help
Because of the '--help' at the end of the line, nothing will happen, it will just show you the available switches.
Replace foo.epub and bar.mobi with extensions more appropriate to your task, perhaps foo.html and bar.epub.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
bcolflesh
bcolflesh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
to see the options for ebook-convert, from a command line type:
Code:
ebook-convert foo.mobi bar.mobi --help
Because of the '--help' at the end of the line, nothing will happen, it will just show you the available switches.
Replace foo.epub and bar.mobi with extensions more appropriate to your task, perhaps foo.html and bar.epub.

G
Ok, this shows the contents of the help - which I read online - from the TOC section:

"By default, if the source file has a Table of Contents, it will be used in preference to the automatically generated one."

So, at the beginning of my HTML file, I can make:

<div id="tocdiv">
<a class="toc" href="#chapter1">Chapter 1 link</a>
etc...

Then add the switch:

--level1-toc="//h:a[re:test(@class, 'toc', 'i')]"

to use the links in that div as the TOC?

I'm basing the parameter info on this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63898
bcolflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
What happens when you try it?
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
command line, table of contents, toc