Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #286
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Droid 800

If you did not care for the Atari app on the Amazon store, but want to play some of the 8-bit classics, Droid800 works just fine on the Fire. It's attractive and playable in landscape mode.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #287
Athens80
Connoisseur
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Has anyone else tried Volume+ ?

Features
* On/Off toggle
* Volume Boost
* EQ pre-sets
* Bass Enhancer
* Virtual Room Effect (VRE -- Echo)

It's available free from the developer and on the Android Market (free and not free/a £1 donation).

It comes with a disclaimer:
Quote:
By downloading Volume+ you agree to the fact that, as this app exploits the EQ API included in Gingerbread and it is not meant to be achieved under normal circumstances, I am NOT to be held responsible for anything negative that may occur by using this app, such as breakage to your phone or phone’s speaker, however unlikely it might be.
I will also take no responsibility for any damage that may occur to your hearing with the new features included in v1.5 onwards. This app will now allow you to boost the volume of the headset, bluetooth headset and modify the inbuilt EQ settings. As a result, you can now increase the volume of the headset/bluetooth headset way above the recommended maximum and so, may cause permanent damage to your headphones and/or hearing. Everything mentioned above relates directly to Volume+ but also applies to Louder Volume Hack.
If you miss the frankly ridiculously short trial period of 15 minutes then you may not be able to refund your purchase yourself. If you really, REALLY want your £1.00 back then e-mail me and I’ll refund it, or donate it to charity (it depends on whether i think you deserve it).
I also will no longer be taking payments via Paypal, as my application is available for free on here, but feel free to send donations if you think i deserve it!
…You also agree to make me cakes upon request.
Thanks

Meltus
At low levels of boost, maybe +1 or +2, this seems to have potential for the Fire as a media player when the stock volume level is just too low.
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #288
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens80 View Post
Has anyone else tried Volume+ ?
I downloaded the apk. I'll have to research it a bit further before I risk putting it on my Fire. It does sound like it might be useful for boosting the Fire's volume a bit.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #289
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I downloaded the apk. I'll have to research it a bit further before I risk putting it on my Fire. It does sound like it might be useful for boosting the Fire's volume a bit.
Be sure to post your findings. Would love to increase the volume on the Fire.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #290
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I really like the Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch, and have just found this list of nice yet free apps for Kindle Fire from facebook: http://www.aneesoft.com/tutorials/ta...fire-apps.html
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #291
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Be sure to post your findings. Would love to increase the volume on the Fire.

Carol
I decided to spend the $1.44 and get the version that's in the App Store. I've played with it a little, but I'm not 100% sure that it's working. The Volume does seem louder, but I've only set it to +5 so far.

There's some discussion of it at Amazon's Kindle Forum in this thread.

Last edited by carld; 01-04-2012 at 10:39 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #292
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I decided to spend the $1.44 and get the version that's in the App Store. I've played with it a little, but I'm not 100% sure that it's working. The Volume does seem louder, but I've only set it to +5 so far.

There's some discussion of it at Amazon's Kindle Forum in this thread.
Thanks for the link.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #293
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
Wink

[QUOTE=Athens80;1910135]Has anyone else tried Volume+ ?

It is available at Amazon App Store.

http://www.amazon.com/Meltus-Volume/...5861790&sr=1-2

Amazon shows it compatible with Fire.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #294
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is the concern for the volume level strictly when not utilizing head/earphones?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #295
OllieQueen
OllieQueen began at the beginning.

Still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
A Factory reset will remove it back to out of box conditions so you will have reload everything you added to it.
I did a factory reset and reloaded the specific books whose covers weren't showing on the Fire and still the same thing. Anyone else experiencing this?
OllieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #296
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieQueen View Post
I did a factory reset and reloaded the specific books whose covers weren't showing on the Fire and still the same thing. Anyone else experiencing this?
It must be the books then. Try fixing it in Calibre.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #297
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
DVD Catalyst and Streaming Server

This is not really an App - but ...

If you want to put your own movies (or movies without DRM) then a super program to get for your Windows computer is the DVD Catalyst - at http://www.tools4movies.com/ - yes, its a paid program, but it is also half price off right now. Next, to go with your converted movies, get their Movie Streaming server - http://www.tools4movies.com/2011/11/...-guide-part-2/

Results: You can convert your movies to a Kindle Fire compatible format (.mp4) and then either sideload them or do your own streaming while at home.

Plus, they provide great technical support!
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #298
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I think I've found the best Sudoku application available for free. OpenSudoku sets a whole new standard in free, fluid, clean, and ad free software. It's not too full of bells and whistles but if you're like me, you play the game to keep your mind active. It comes with over 100 puzzles and you can download an additional 1200 from their website.

http://code.google.com/p/opensudoku-...d/wiki/Puzzles
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #299
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
These are widgets per se and you'll need to search for each apk since I don't think they are available in the app store.

A great way to dress up (minimalistic) and organize/save space (circle launcher) on the home screen, the latter which helps with 7" tablets.

I haven't tried minimalistic yet but circle launcer works great. You can have as many circle launchers as you want. Just name them appropriately, for example I have one for games and news for now and put apps in each one respectively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTdK...eature=related

And of course you need to have an alternate launcher (ie. Go Launcher) to do this.

Last edited by robertc88; 01-19-2012 at 11:21 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #300
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google has released the source code to Sky Map, and I've made a build that's slightly Kindle-optimized (i.e., it doesn't assume that you've got a compass in the device). I called this version Open Star Map.

You will have to enter your latitude and longitude manually, though, I think.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote