Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
guada_sp
guada_sp doesn't litterguada_sp doesn't litter

Device: none
Buying a new pocket edge

Well, my pocket edge died because of the WSOD, I was going to buy a Kindle, but hell, I'm in love with the pocket edge, so I'll get another one, any suggestions to buy a new one? I don't wanna end up with the WSOD again so, I'll look on ebay and amazon...
guada_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
There are two things I can say. First, you were rather unfortunate in getting the WSoD. Contrary to appearances there has been only very few that have suffered considering the total number of PE in use. The main thing to consider is to not overdrive the video and since you can never be sure what has happened to a used one, I would recommend trying to get a new one.

Second, I'm pleased you have decided to join the 'club' of us that can't do without our edges.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Sorry to hear about your WSOD. It is a rare occurrence but unfortunately it has happened to a few new owners. I'm on the fence when it comes to used versus new. I bought two PEs new from WorldWide Distributors on Amazon over a year ago and both still look and work great. The nice thing about a used Pocket eDGe is that it has been broken in and possibly less prone to the WSOD. If you search WSOD in this forum you will find it primarily happened to owners with a new device. Plus, many owners, like myself, treat their eDGe with the utmost care so a used device won't always be a piece of junk. I purchased a gently used full size eDGe over one year ago from an owner from this forum which is in absolutely excellent cosmetic shape and still works great. I am very happy with this purchase. I would take a look at the MobileRead Flea Market and browse the listings for Pocket eDGe. Some of the listings may be old but you could still private message the owner as you never know they may not have sold the device listed. Here's a couple recently listed in the eDGe forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177043

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172907

New or used, whichever way you decide to go you may want to consider a warranty through SquareTrade to better protect yourself this time around. This can be purchased from Amazon the same time you buy the eDGe or for items purchased on eBay. See my Resource Sticky for more info on SquareTrade's reputation.

Here's a couple examples:

Here's a new Pocket eDGe with a reasonably priced 2 year SquareTrade warranty:http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Entourag...item5198cc02d0

Here's a pretty good deal on a used Pocket eDGe on eBay and you can add a warranty from SquareTrade: http://www.ebay.com/itm/enTourage-Po...77181476772491.

Here's another used Pocket eDGe with an available SquareTrade warranty: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Goo...77181476772493

If you decide to buy a used eDGe outside of this forum I would stick with Amazon or somebody reputable on eBay that offers a return policy. However, if you can pick up a new PE for about the same price as a used I would go with it. I hope you have better luck this time around so you can truly find out what this wonderful device is really capable of.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-21-2012 at 08:11 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Tininha
Enthusiast
Tininha began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Entourage Pocket Edge + Entourage Edge
new pocket edge

Hi, guada_sp.

I'm from Brasil, and here we have a store selling new pocket edge's.
I don't know if we can post a link to a store in this forum, but I can send you the link, if you want.
It's quite affordable, but I don't know if they ship to your country.
I've bought my second there, a few months ago - and the first is still working, after 18 months of daily use... I certainly don't think I can do without my edge...

I wanted so much an EE... but the only place - store - I find one, in Europe, don't ship to Brasil...

And I just upgraded both to Allmine... fantastic, till now! No problems at all!
The only problem I'm having is that the new one keeps asking me to register... and I don't know how to do it, now. (The first one I bought when Entourage was still online, so it is registered)

Tininha
Tininha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
I can sell you mine. Its upgraded to ermine....I just don't have the time to use it.
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tininha View Post
Hi, guada_sp.

I'm from Brasil, and here we have a store selling new pocket edge's.
I don't know if we can post a link to a store in this forum, but I can send you the link, if you want.
It's quite affordable, but I don't know if they ship to your country.
Tininha, i'd like the link.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
I wanted so much an EE... but the only place - store - I find one, in Europe, don't ship to Brasil...

And I just upgraded both to Allmine... fantastic, till now! No problems at all!
The only problem I'm having is that the new one keeps asking me to register... and I don't know how to do it, now. (The first one I bought when Entourage was still online, so it is registered)

Tininha
Have you tried bypassing the registration as suggested in Obsessed's first post in this thread? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=registration

You might get lucky and find a good EE on ebay from a seller who will send to Brazil, if Chokra doesn't sell you his/hers. I hope you get one -- the bigger screen on the EE is a treat for reading!

I think you can post links to stores with no problem.

Edit: For what it's worth, here's the search I use on ebay: "entourage edge -motors -pocket -sleeve" then I have them notify me when new items match. You can always contact the seller to ask if they will ship it to you.

Last edited by Filark; 05-23-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #8
Tininha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokra View Post
I can sell you mine. Its upgraded to ermine....I just don't have the time to use it.
Chokra, hi.

Are you talking to me or to guada_sp? Yours is a PE or an EE?

Well, here's the link from the online store:
http://www.megamamute.com.br/prod/34...onalized%22}#I

And no, I didn't tried the bypassing... but I will.
But I never found a new EE in Ebay... have you, Filark?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
dazzyk
dazzyk began at the beginning.

I've no idea if he'd ship to Brazil. But I saw this one up on ebay earlier today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-Ed...44919279984243
dazzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Tininha
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzyk View Post
I've no idea if he'd ship to Brazil. But I saw this one up on ebay earlier today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-Ed...44919279984243
Thank you, Dazzyk.
But they don't ship internationally.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But I never found a new EE in Ebay... have you, Filark?
Hi Tininha!

Yes. I bought my EE through ebay, and it was new. Of course, that was more than a year ago . . .

There are usually some expensive ones, still, that are new. But again, you'd have to contact the seller to see if they would make an exception to their shipping rule. It looks like you might have a chance if you have a PayPal account. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-eD...item2eb73477eb, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-eD...item2c63e274fa

There were some new EEs selling in Europe not long ago. They might ship internationally. I'll search for the links if you don't find them yourself.

Here's another seller you could contact: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-Ed...item46033742ee and the EE for $165 that Dazzyk mentioned has been relisted (which doesn't help you, but might help someone else. )

Last edited by Filark; 05-25-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
Filark

Guada_sp, have you had any luck finding a new PE?? Or a good used one? I am happy you decided to get another one, and hope you have much better luck this time!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The only place that appears to have new full size edges is http://entourageedge.eu/#9 and I assume that is because of the price €549.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
guada_sp
guada_sp doesn't litterguada_sp doesn't litter

I got one from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/230790282002
They have already sent it to me so I have to wait...
guada_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
chokra
chokra began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge 7
tinia, i can sell you my pocket edge. let me know if you are interested. its updated to ermine. $100. thanks.
chokra is offline   Reply With Quote