Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
meaning and how to correct

I went from a word doc, converted to rtf, then converted rtf to epub in Calibre

Doing this gave me no errors in Sigil but I lost ALL the styling from the word doc. For me to restyle this book is going to be way too much work.

So I

Went from word doc converted to html, then converted html to epub in Calibre. i opened in Sigil and I see and the epub retained the styling but now I have TONS of errors. I would think these must be corrected by hand, but I need to know what the attribute errors mean and how to correct the ones in the attached images file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilssEDIT.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	94317  
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
A couple of things. HTML output from Word leaves a lot to be desired, even the filtered HTML. You need to cleanup or use other tools for export/convert. Sigil can read HTML, so skip the Calibre step. It is unnecessary and adds a load of stuff. You can see all the Calibre styles in your document.

Further more it is strange that you have vlink and link in your body style. It should not be there...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

OK, thanks for that. So I did the same steps:

converted a word doc to html and opened in Sigil but now if I look at the html code view it displays all the pages, if I look in the book view it only shows up to a certain page.

I tried to rename the word doc and I still get this, any suggestions here?

RRD
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
ralphiedee
Zealot

Hmm. now this is really weird, I did the exact same steps with a completely different word doc. After I converted to html I can see the entire html in the browser but when I open Sigil and open the html doc within Sigil I only see a few pages?

I'm on a Mac pro running Lion, I never had this happen before now what?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Look at the html in the browser at the point it stops in Sigil. There is probably something out of line there. Fix it and then you should be able to read it all.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert