Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
One of the joys of e-books if they are malleable. So over the next few days, I'm going to write a Red afterword in mine, giving Red's opinion.

It'll slip in real nice with Sigil....
i hope you'll share it, i'd love to know what red was up to during this caper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Excellent! Thank you!

"You may call me DE" my contact whispered deep from within the shadows of the alley. All I could make out was his trench coat and the glowing ember from his cigarette. In the distance I could hear a car approaching. DE spoke again "The answers you seek can be found at the ebook deposit..." he was cut off as headlights panned across the dark alley. I turned back to him and he was gone but I noticed a scrap of paper with strange writing "HWA2RCSN7W". I had a feeling that if I could crack the code, I'd finally have the answers I needed.
Rich D, you SERIOUSLY need to write a noir detective story for us. seriously. get going now, what are you waiting for ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thanks to everyone - and I mean everyone - associated with MR. From Alex, to the Mods and all the members who've made this contest such fun. To the sponsors for their generosity, very much all appreciated.

I am chuffed to have won a new reader - the very first item I've ever won - having to navigate both the detective story and the draw makes this even more special ....

but, and I have to repeat, but I still think it were pshrynk that did it to 'imself ....

Let's party .... whisky and chocolate I can bring .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #48
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i hope you'll share it, i'd love to know what red was up to during this caper...
I've got half a post already written....

Quote:
Rich D, you SERIOUSLY need to write a noir detective story for us. seriously. get going now, what are you waiting for ?
I second the motion! That's real snappy open paragraph. Better than I can do. Seriously.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #49
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:

Thanks! I'll think about it!

The dame with the legs walked into my office, shutting my door behind her. "I've been thinking about you all night" she purred seductively as she crossed to my office window and lowered the blinds. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" She sat on the corner of my desk and poured her self 2 fingers of scotch. Hmmm great wheels and good taste, I thought to myself as she eyed me like a cat eyeing a caged canary. Then she started in with the compliments, but I knew what she was after. She wanted the clue I found last night.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #50
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Ah, what a joy.

But first of all let me copy and paste what Chicken Dear has already posted above

"Thank you MR for having the contest and selecting my entry as "outstandingly entertaining" - this is the VERY first contest I've ever won - ironically by not winning. Oh well - I'll take it!"

This expresses almost exactly my feelings. "Ironically" does not apply in my case and should be substituted by "Fortituously" as I did not even read the script except the Verencat scene. It was too difficult for me to envision the details, imagine to remember the names. .

But the great Zeldissima came in my help with a beautiful and quite effective suggestion. Pick one up at random, you have one chance in ten. Or something like that, with more grace and class I am sure. So I picked up Verencat that is the one in the bunch that I know. I know also il pinguino Roberto but he is too good to do anything out of the law and Zelda is too busy spreading around charm and good moods. Verencat ... My subconscious did the rest. And as always he was right. Thank you subconscious.we'll go to bed soon.

So here is my email that demonstrates that culture pays. Ah

"My username is beppe

My solution is

Verencat

Reason: She's the one to get excited by the strings. The strings wrap
up in the clue. That why she wants them out of the way.
It comes from the ancient Greek myth of the Labyrinth where the hero
Theseus used a clew, or ball of twine, to solve the Minotaur's
labyrinth.

regards

beppe"

P.S.The funny thing is that I do not even feel ashamed of having written this.

P.P.S: The strings is one of those things that keep popping up in the treads, like destiny of mankind, supremacy of this over that, you fatso, no differently slim, you cretin, no differently intelligent, blah blah,... without any idea of what these things are, ... that my subconscious, poor simpleton soul that he is, did not let the occasion to slip by. Thank you again subconscious.we'll go to bed real soon. Just let me say good bye.

What to add?

I am quite excited of being together a bunch of classy members among whom my dear friends:

poohbear
SneakySnake
WT Sharpe

Vamos amigos!

Last but not least the joy of seeing my good friend GeoffC win the jackpot. This demonstrates the magical and metaphysical Power of the Avatar. And some hidden meaning in friendship. That's for you, parrot
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #51
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Wow, what great news to wake up to! I almost never win anything, and when I do it's always something totally useless, so it's wonderful to win a prize that I actually can use!

Thanks so much to all the sponsors and to MobileRead for a fabulously fun contest!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #52
Historiann
Connoisseur
Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Historiann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Congrats to all the winners and Thanks to the MR staff. It was a great wake-me-up this morning, almost as good as my coffee.

Thanks for a great contest, looking forward to the next one.

AJ
My sentiments exactly! It really was a lot of fun; thanks, everyone!.
Historiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #53
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I second the motion! That's real snappy open paragraph. Better than I can do. Seriously.
Consider the motion thirded! And Ralph, we want to see yours as well. If we add Red's commentary and all the submitted "creative" solutions, will this be the definitive edition? The directors cut? The unabridged version?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #54
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
By the way, will Rock still come here and does it will discover another case? Even if it's not for a contest
Seconded! Rock needs to earn some money, as , in his words, "clever doesn't buy the milk".
So, more Rock Lobster cases please!

Quote:
Seconded!

Quote:
And...seconded!

(see what winning does to me? I'm getting greedy )
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #55
Freckles
Freckles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, ipod touch, awaiting Astak EzReader
Thank You MobileRead!!

I am sooo very excited to hear that I am one of the winners! I had been following the story and got so caught up in the all excitement I decided to enter, but I never expected to actually win anything.

Thank you so very much Alex, the MobileRead Team, pyshrynk, and Astak. It is a fabulous community and I have learned a lot about ebook readers from the talented contributors to this forum. You also have many very imaginative and creative contributors as evidenced by the discussion thread!

I really had no clue who committed the crime with the crowbar and made a wild guess in the end. Here is what I submitted...

Quote:
Hmmm,

Well, either PilotBob or mtravellerh were lying. Was MTH busy looking for trolls or dusting display cases when the murder took place? Other mods claim they were both there -- but I can't see the motive. Perhaps pshrynk was trolling on the new Nook forum and mtravellerh took offence. Or perhaps pshrynk offended PilotBob. So maybe PilotBob murdered pshrynk and framed MTH. Arrrgh, I don't know!! I'm no good at these things.

To be honest, I think Ravanne has the best motive -- she seems exceptionally worried about someone stealing the contest readers and pshrynk was trying to liberate one with a crowbar, but she doesn't seem to have been anywhere near the crime scene.

Okay, I give up, I'm going to have to take a guess -- I think it was mtravellerh, I hope!

** My thanks to pshrynk for the excellent story. I have greatly enjoyed reading it.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #56
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wow! Reading this thread is as much fun as following the Rock Lobster Case File Thread and its Discussion Thread!

Quote:
That would be a great addition!

Quote:
He was a rougueish looking character, with a fedora pulled low over his eyes - full of hollow words and empty promises. The dame with him was another story, built for sin with legs that went all the way to the floor. I'll humor them for now I thought to myself. Thanks for looking into it!
Quote:

"You may call me DE" my contact whispered deep from within the shadows of the alley. All I could make out was his trench coat and the glowing ember from his cigarette. In the distance I could hear a car approaching. DE spoke again "The answers you seek can be found at the ebook deposit..." he was cut off as headlights panned across the dark alley. I turned back to him and he was gone but I noticed a scrap of paper with strange writing "HWA2RCSN7W". I had a feeling that if I could crack the code, I'd finally have the answers I needed.
Quote:

The dame with the legs walked into my office, shutting my door behind her. "I've been thinking about you all night" she purred seductively as she crossed to my office window and lowered the blinds. "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" She sat on the corner of my desk and poured her self 2 fingers of scotch. Hmmm great wheels and good taste, I thought to myself as she eyed me like a cat eyeing a caged canary. Then she started in with the compliments, but I knew what she was after. She wanted the clue I found last night.
Quote:
Definitely!
**Psst... YOU can call me "dreams, as in "She was the Dame / Doll of my dreams". Did I mention, I will be available for a part soon? ***
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #57
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
At long last! Sorry for the delay guys, but here are your winners for our MobileRead Spring Contest.

... Another round of Directebook vouchers for outstandingly entertaining entries go to:

...[*]WT Sharpe[/list]
Thanks kindly to all the mods for that honor! Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but I just now discovered this thread!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #58
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks to the inestimable (Unestimible? Inestimably? Unmentionable? Aw... doubleplusgood) help of Ravenne, I can now post my solution, presented in the voice of Rock Lobster himself. This is how I imagined he solved the case:

“The key,” I went on, “was Verencat’s statement that there were ten moderators in the room. And based on PilotBob’s statement, the only moderator missing at the moment of the murder was Neko.”

"So..." Netseeker kindly did the math. "There are eleven of us?"

"Well, what does that prove?" NatCh snapped.

"I'm starting to get a handle on how you jokers think," I explained. "For instance, that although Verencat said there were ten moderators in the room... at the moment of the killing, there were actually twelve people in the room."

"Anyone got a calculator?" DaleDe asked. Nate immediately whipped something out of his pocket, and began thumb-typing furiously.

I continued, ignoring the interruption. “Including the soon-to-be stiff, the ten moderators were here. But one of them was here… twice!

“Twice?” everyone repeated.

“Twice,” I replied smugly. “Thanks to that temporal thingie you all seem to be so familiar with. It would allow one of you to go back in time and commit the murder, with the incidental result of there being two of you here at the same time. Including pshrynk, that made twelve.” I looked at Verencat, but she turned away quickly, and I knew why.

Everyone looked to Nate. After a moment, he looked up and did one of those outrageous shrugs. "Checks out."

“But who?” Zippy demanded. “Who did it?”

"The killer was MTravelerH."

Across the room, a compass fell to the floor. MTravelerH blustered a moment, then said, “Preposterous!"

“You did not just say that,” Patricia smirked.

"Not at all," I stated. "Uh… I mean, yes, he did, and not at all is it preposterous. You happened to be closest to the stiff, pre-stiffened, as you were cleaning the cases... he was busy prying one open, and believed that you were too busy on another case to have noticed. Noticed you had, but you pretended not to."

"And why would I do that?"

"So that you could be conveniently looking elsewhere when, minutes later, you would go back in time to that precise moment. Verencat saw you there, but tried to hide the truth from me by being clever… in fact, her chasing Nate’s string probably took a part in distracting PilotBob and DaleDe from noticing the extra you in the room. In the meantime, future-you waited until past-you wasn’t looking, snatched the crowbar from pshrynk's hands, and bashed him with it!"

“You have no proof that I did that,” MtravelerH stated simply.

“No?” I said, flipping to another page of notes. This notepad was getting a workout today. “But what I do have is a comment you made, quote: ‘It can become so tedious at times with all of this spatio-temporal transpositioning going on.’ Unquote.”

“So? Zippy—uh, Zelda said she went back and cleaned the crowbar!”

“True… but Zippy mentioned her backwards jaunt to me after I spoke to you, and I mentioned it just now. You mentioned it first--back on page one.

MTravelerH started to work his mouth open and closed, looking much like the average beached trout… and his eyes were wide enough to make Nate’s eyes look squinty. And everyone else was now squinting at MTravelerH with contempt… well, maybe not contempt, but obvious satisfaction that the guilty party had been made.

“But why would Verencat hide the truth?” Neko asked.

“Well--” I started, before being forced to dance to the left and cut off MTravelerH as he sidled towards the door. “Adrian!” I shouted, pointing at the culprit. “Sit on ‘em!”

I started to reply to Neko’s answer then, when MTravelerH suddenly bolted in the other direction. Before he could escape, I cut him off and slapped the red button on the wall. At once, walls folded and unfolded, lights strobed, a miniature sperm whale briefly appeared and disappeared, and my hat popped off my head in a sudden decompression of the room.

When everything had settled down, I looked around. MTravelerH was trapped inside a transparent column, thumping the walls with his fists and screaming silently to be let out. Verencat was also inside, slumped listlessly against the wall.

“I do like that button of yours,” I smiled for the first time all day.

“What’s Verencat doing in there?” Neko asked.

“Oh, please,” DaleDe replied for me. “Like it isn’t obvious. She was helping MTravelerH because… they were lovers!”

“No!” Netseeker goggled. Then he looked critically at the two of them. “Really?”

“Uh… no,” I said. “More likely, MTravelerH saw her notice him, and bribed her to keep quiet. A few more pieces of string to play with ought to have been enough, I’d say.”

I turned to Zippy then. “Well, I believe that just about wraps it up.” I moved closer to her and lowered my voice. “And listen, doll… although I’m sure Turcic has already snagged my fee, I’d be happy to give you a little extra attention… eh?” Zippy looked at me through narrowed eyes. “Consider it a bonus,” I added. “I know I would.”

She responded by slapping the red button.

Dames. Go figure.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #59
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post

CONGRATULATIONS
to ALL the winners!!

An enormous THANK YOU
to MobileRead for organizing the most entertaining and creative contests ever, and to the very generous sponsors!

And...and...I'm lost for words. You guys... you actually went and got more prizes...for outstandingly entertaining entries... and one of them was for me?

That goes to show how amazing this place is... Really... A huge thank you to all!

omk3 said it perfectly!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #60
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Congrats to all the winners!!! I just got home from a boooooring meeting and this thread just made my day. Glad to see so many happy faces here

Please note that so far only the winners of the 4 main prizes have been notified by pm.

@all others: we'll send you a pm and tell you what info we need from you to get your vouchers.

Quote:
I think I'm listed as a winner of a certificate, but I didn't get a notice. R_Dollish is not my user name, but it is my name! Can we verify it by email or something?
Congrats, Rich-D! Yes, you're amongst our winners. You accidentally gave us R_Dollish as your user name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Truth is I haven't got a pm yet either. I guess it's still in the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Me neither neither. [Maybe they're re-using the prizes in the fall?]
See above, only the 4 main winners have been notified. No pm yet doesn't mean you haven't won, no worries, everyone listed in Alex announcement post has won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Well done again to all the winners and everyone who took part (even though winning is sooo much better!)
Just so no-one feels left out, Directebooks.com would like to offer all Mobileread members 20% off all our eBooks this weekend. Just use the ridiculously over-complicated code HWA2RCSN7W at checkout.

Thats on top of the 50% discount on your first purchase! Check it out
Wow, that's great. Again a big thank you to our sponsor!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote