Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 08:19 PM   #871
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, this mod is working almost flawlessly for me at the moment. I have a Kobo Aura and can switch into night mode by keeping the backlight button pressed for a few seconds. My issue is that i have a special configuration that prevents my kobo from powering of for 48 hours. After installing this mod, my device get powered off while sleeping (cover closed) in less than 24 hours. Is there anything on this mod that can be intererring with how long it takes the device to power off automatically?

I edited the Kobo eReader.conf file and set the parameter AutoOffMinutes=2880

I use night mode at night so the screens brightness doesnt wake up my wife, and i only use it at 1% brightness. My configuration file for nightmode is as follows:

Code:
[state]
invertActive = no
retainStateOverRestart = no

[control]
longPressDurationMS = 800 
debug=no

[nightmode]
refreshScreenPages = 3
#forceSWInvert = true

[brightness]
1percentPatch = no
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:02 PM   #872
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You no longer need this mod. You can enable developer settings which gives you an option in developer settings to invert the screen. There’s a patch to replace ‘show adobe page numbers’ in reading settings with the invert screen option.

This does the same thing to the screen but requires less mucking around to do it.

There’s not really anything in the developer settings that will break your device.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #873
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
hi sorry how do I enable the developer setting? Or where can I find the right patch. I remembered doing it a while ago. But, I had to restore my clara kobo and I can't remember the steps anymore. Thank you
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #874
fendesa
Enthusiast

I don't remember the step to enable developer settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You no longer need this mod. You can enable developer settings which gives you an option in developer settings to invert the screen. There’s a patch to replace ‘show adobe page numbers’ in reading settings with the invert screen option.

This does the same thing to the screen but requires less mucking around to do it.

There’s not really anything in the developer settings that will break your device.
Hi hi sorry how do I enable the developer setting? Or where can I find the right patch. I remembered doing it a while ago. But, I had to restore my clara kobo and I can't remember the steps anymore. Thank you
Old 09-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #875
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A search for the string devmodeon should do it (the device's Search, I mean), IIRC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #876
fendesa
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
A search for the string devmodeon should do it (the device's Search, I mean), IIRC.

Thank you very much @NiLuJe
Basically I found a @davidfor thread and these are the steps:
Turn on developer mode by opening the search and typing "devmodeon". Nothing obvious will happen.
Close search.
Go to the "Device information" page of the settings.
Tap "View" next to the last option, "Developer options".
Tap "Setting" for "Set frontlight LED Manually". (For other playing along, this will be there for the Aura ONE only)
Use the sliders to adjust the LEDS.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:37 PM   #877
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Turn on developer mode by opening the search and typing "devmodeon". Nothing obvious will happen.
Close search.
Tap "Setting" for "Set frontlight LED Manually". (For other playing along, this will be there for the Aura ONE only)
But, you won't have that option on a Clara HD. You want the option "Invert Screen".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:22 PM   #878
rreed
rreed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Close search.
I just recieved my Libra H2O and followed this except instead of "Tap "Setting" for "Set frontlight LED Manually".", I just had to check "Invert Screen"
rreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #879
percio
percio began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post

Mmmh it's still faster to long-press the backlight button to turn it on/off
percio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:45 AM   #880
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi,

I use this night mode plugin for 7 years (this one or the first version) and with no problem with a lot of FW (perhaps all), but now it seems to have an other solution with the last firmwares where we don't have to use a external plugin, but I have not tested yet : https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...-new-easy-way/

Someone is talking about it here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=324550
We can read this :
"There's no need to patch on newer firmwares if you don't want to. Official inverted screen is still considered an experimental feature, but you can enable the advanced developer menu by typing devmodeon in the search bar and then enabling the feature there too. The patch makes toggling it on and off easier, though."

At bottom of the first link, you can find the handling :
To view the hidden developer settings menu, all you have to do is type devmodeon into your Kobo device’s search bar.

Then go to Settings > Device information > Developer options > View.

From there you can access a bunch of hidden settings, including inverted mode to get white text on a black background. Simply check the box and back out of the menu and inverted mode will be enabled.

You probably don’t want to mess with the other settings unless you know what you’re doing, but what’s the worse that can happen? Alternately you can turn developer options off by typing devmodeoff in the search bar.

I add a little quick note : if the devmodeon doesn't work, open a book and then do the same search of "devmodeon" in the dictionary (or perhaps in the book) and it will work (nothing happen but the hidden features will be activated).

I repeat : I have not tested (because I use the plugin) but the comments are good.

I think this function will probably be directly accessible in one of the next firwmares without going through the developer mode. It could be a good surprise if it could be with the next one because this is a basic function found on all device except the kobo .

With nighmode build 13 plugin, you can adjust the number of pages turn for totally refresh the screen (you can't change easily the value because you have to edit manually the file .kobo/nighmode.ini but don't remember that you don't change this parameter every day when you have fixed it (my own setting is 99)).
I don't know if you can do it with the integrated function (perhaps the setting uses the "daymode" value)...

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french.

Last edited by akorx; 11-16-2019 at 11:25 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #881
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Does it work with firmware 4.18.13737 on Kobo Clara HD? I updated to that version yesterday and the Night Mode seems to be not working. (miniclock is still working) Can someone confirm or check this?

Last edited by famfam; 11-28-2019 at 05:53 AM.
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 03:03 PM   #882
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
Does it work with firmware 4.18.13737 on Kobo Clara HD? I updated to that version yesterday and the Night Mode seems to be not working. (miniclock is still working) Can someone confirm or check this?
Hi,

I use 4.18.13737 but on an aura HD and a Glo. The nightmode plugin is ok but I have not tested with the integrated function (devmodeon). I've you tried to resinstall a second time the plugin ?

PS : don't install the FW and the plugin directly after, you have to reboot between the 2 updates : first you update the FW, you unplug the device and it will reboot ALONE and only AFTER you install the plugin and unplug again your kobo and then you will see a second reboot (alone again). After, you test and come back to give us the result.

Last edited by akorx; 12-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:55 AM   #883
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

qakorx
I did it yesterday. The Nightmode works again. But after installing the nightmode the zooming of pictures doesn't work any more. Before that the zooming was easy by touching on the picture. Then you get the zooming menu. Any idea, how to solve that problem? Do we have other ways for zooming picures?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #884
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
qakorx
I did it yesterday. The Nightmode works again. But after installing the nightmode the zooming of pictures doesn't work any more. Before that the zooming was easy by touching on the picture. Then you get the zooming menu. Any idea, how to solve that problem? Do we have other ways for zooming picures?
Unless someone knows different, I don't think zooming pictures has anything to do with Nightmode. Access to the image viewer option is only available in kepubs, not standard epubs.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #885
famfam
Connoisseur

@jackie_w
I think you are right. Nothing to do with night mode. But perhaps with the miniclock, wich is on the top left corner.
So, when the picture is on the top left corner, then the problem occurs. I think, now the problem is solved for me.

Last edited by famfam; 12-05-2019 at 09:20 AM. Reason: correction

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch