Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
markj
markj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Help: after a highlighting collation program

Hi Peeples

I read a lot of non fiction and highlight the parts i need for later review. When I read paper books I use an e-highlighter that uploads the highlighted text to word format which is exactly what i need, to review only the highlighted text in a separate document format.
I want to buy an e-reader (if it allows me what I want to do with it) that lets me highlight relevant passages (i don't write notes so a stylus based product isn't needed) and then once i finish the book i can hit select all highlighted and copy and paste it into a pdf or word.
Is there a program that does this? Does it work on only one brand of e-book reader? Are the stylus based e-book readers the only ones with this function? is a tablet the only thing that can do this? help would be appreciated.
markj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:53 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What format are you reading, if PDF then some of the desktop and tablet PDF readers that do "annotations" can export highlighted text.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:55 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are ways to get the annotations or highlights from some devices and apps. I look after a plugin for calibre that can get them from Kobo, Kindle and tolino devices and put them in the metadata in calibre. It can also get it from some apps, but, others could be added. There are other methods that work in different ways. One I've seen recently gets them from Kindles via the your Amazon page. I don't look at the other devices enough to know what other tools are out there, but, I know they do exist.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
macallik
macallik began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung s5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hi Peeples

I read a lot of non fiction and highlight the parts i need for later review. When I read paper books I use an e-highlighter that uploads the highlighted text to word format which is exactly what i need, to review only the highlighted text in a separate document format.
I want to buy an e-reader (if it allows me what I want to do with it) that lets me highlight relevant passages (i don't write notes so a stylus based product isn't needed) and then once i finish the book i can hit select all highlighted and copy and paste it into a pdf or word.
Is there a program that does this? Does it work on only one brand of e-book reader? Are the stylus based e-book readers the only ones with this function? is a tablet the only thing that can do this? help would be appreciated.
As far as I'm aware, any device that can use the Google Play Books app will work.

Google Play Books saves all highlighted text into a Google Doc file saved in your Google Drive. https://lifehacker.com/google-play-b...ive-1718795151
macallik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting, software